the supertalk look...what is it?

haptronic

ive been on this board for awhile now and i ALWAYS check out what people are wearing. I think the knowledge and user base of this forum expanded so much that we're getting alot more influences and styles added to the mix

originally it seemed like denim choices were mostly APC + Nudie like people mentioned. The Jap repro thing blew up to epic porportions, and people like Kiya were there to feed the need so to speak. However what i see as the main evolution is the current emphasis on shilouette. Slim jeans and vans are examples of this phenomenon.

Additionally, it seems the more hypebeasty things of days past have been weeded out for a cleaner, more minimal ashetic. Theres still those who pull off a street look but even they've toned it down slightly (ie Witts, Kixslf on occasion , and chardx1995)

all in all i welcome the additional variety, as it's really opened my mind to things i wouldnt have liked before

i was first attracted to this board by the diverse styles that are well represented and respected throughout...the dior homme/slim/drapey-yet-tailored tee look vs. the supreme/wtaps/dunks look is a easily noticeable contrast, yet both are equally present. I guess what I'm saying is that this board is much less focused on any one style as it is by diversity and creativity. Thrift items and ultra-luxe are both present. This is why superfuture is dope, at least from I'm standing...

kiya and company got an SF look down...

The Sugarcane crew came out from Japan to Self Edge to finalize the Self Edge x Sugarcane collaboration...

It's gonna be a good one..

DSC05310-716346.JPG

DSC05309-716403.JPG

From left to right...

Seiichi Niitsuma

-Selke

-Yen

-Bellweather

Me

-Reiz

-Flat Head

-Sugarcane 1966

-Vans

Tom Tanaka (Chief Head Honcho)

-Sugarcane

-Sugarcane

-Sugarcane

-Sugarcane Union Stars

-Sugarcane

Yasuhiro Kameya (SC/BR Designer)

-Sugarcane

-Buzz Rickson

-Sugarcane

-Buzz Rickson

-Sugarcane

• 1 year later...

damn niggas' been wearin clothes for a long time...

its kinda crazy though even through all the changes and shit, we've never had a prada type of dude, a lanvin type of dude, or anything like that...on some real real luxurious(price and aesthetic) tip...

no tranny types(young gays dont count)...

no hipster/thrift type of kids(i mean with ill style though)...

oh and while we got dudes buyin frute swagz we dont really have someone who is REAL REAL OUT THERE most dudes play it safe...

but then again, lots of people here are closed minded and will hate a brand one day and love it on another...feel me?

oh and while we got dudes buyin frute swagz we dont really have someone who is REAL REAL OUT THERE most dudes play it safe...

I feel like Suckdick is pretty out there - he doesn't post WAYWTs much, though.

I'd like to point out that while we trend hop like pre-teens and burn the past as quickly as possible, that Crillz/Rira/Dark/Sphoxx pic is still pure swag.

Seriously.

yea from the shit suckdick buys, obviously dude doesnt give a fuck...or maybe he really really gives a fuck...lol.

the trend hop(more like a discovery process for the majority of the board) is probably going to be a lot slower now that we're up on most brands and we've learned a lot...there's only so many designers compared to the amount of posters we have and the resources through which we can learn about/acquire the goods...

it's frustrating for me to see that as one of the best(eh i know) mens fashion boards, there are still a lot of people on here who have a very closeminded view of style...happens all the time, a dude wears something or puts on a fit that is out of the sufu norm and he's put into worst waywt(of course if the fit sucks it sucks)...and while a good and bad fit is subjective, a lot of hate comes from the fact that dudes hate something simply because it's not their style.

damn niggas' been wearin clothes for a long time...

its kinda crazy though even through all the changes and shit, we've never had a prada type of dude, a lanvin type of dude, or anything like that...on some real real luxurious(price and aesthetic) tip...

no tranny types(young gays dont count)...

no hipster/thrift type of kids(i mean with ill style though)...

but then again, lots of people here are closed minded and will hate a brand one day and love it on another...feel me?

do you remember multicolor?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

credit where it's due regarding super future, the 'styles' or 'looks' I seem to come across on here, particularly in waywt section, certainly appear a lot more sparse and varied than the styles one may see on other boards/forums. on other sites you can kinda run your finger vaguely along, a kind of, path of certain trends/looks, on here though, there's a lot of differing styles, whether quite visually extreme, particularly understated and subtle, or something in between. although, this is a board after all, and after some analysing there will be (however recognisable) some form of correlation between 'looks'. I ain't been on here long at all though, and when I have been, I've probably rubbed people up the wrong way, so, my input is certainly limited. then again, I wouldn't prefer anything other than this.

• 1 year later...

-Artisanal Americana (visvim

-Denim daddy

-kimoy (wild style

-slp everything

-undercover fanboy

-tech ninja

-goth ninja

-let me just cop all the cool IT Japanese brands that's not uc or visvim

I think that's about it