how to pull off a denim jacket..

jschenkkan

i recently came into a old levis denim jacket, but having really never worn a denim jacket or having friends that do, i was wondering if i could get some tips on what would look the best with it? do you wear jeans, or pants of a different material.. etc.

i tried to find this info, but couldnt find a thread about it. hopefully i didnt miss one thats here already...

dont wear jeans and a denim shirt or you could risk looking canadian

:confused: doesn't seem like a Canadian thing to me....

If anything, a plaid shirt, a beard, and an axe over your shoulder is Canadian.

:confused: doesn't seem like a Canadian thing to me....

If anything, a plaid shirt, a beard, and an axe over your shoulder is Canadian.

Isn't denim jeans and a denim jacket called a Canadian Tuxedo...

although I've also heard texas Tuxedo, I'm not in the U.S. so I have no idea, but this has been discussed somewhere before?

I'm just fuckin' around....

But that's not to say that it doesn't amaze me that some people can't figure out what to wear with what, and when, without the help of the internets...

that's when you need to move to tropical climates...there's only wet, and wetter. dressing the self becomes easier in these conditions.

"intellectual vagabond", yes ;)

being a tall white guy, i might be at a slight disadvantage..

Yeah, but I think it's more how they wear them than their build or skin colour. Denim jackets can look really boring by themselves, especially paired with jeans of the same colour. I think it's important for a denim jacket to have a 3D look, be it textures, fading, extra denim parts etc. I also think pairing it with patterned items, or items that pertrude the jacket, like hoods, and colours add a lot of detail to a fit. Same can be said for badges, pins, etc. on jackets.

Word, denim jackets should be short and tight, just hitting the belt. I wear a denim jacket all the time, usually under something in the winter and by itself in the spring/summer season. I like to wear them with jeans also, so you definitely need to break that up with some dope shoes, a slick hat and a loud top.