Music Gear

206419662_92e0e124d8.jpg

464510444_b5281bfbfc_o.png

What jour seein... as far as drums go.

4 piece Premier birch (wish I would of got something maple)... 8 ply?

14" Sabian hats (vintage, I am pretty sure they're from 79')

20" Pastie 2002 ride

18" Sabian Vault Crash

22'' Sabian super raw ride (it's totally black)

18" Wuhan China

Axis long board single pedal

dj stuff;

247179183_d98c68c856_o.jpg

A&H 464

Numark TTX1 x 2

Numark DXM (used for it's effects)

Peavey Grabber

Ortofon Elektro x2

iBook g4 running Live/Torq

I've also got a 303 that isn't mine and a Axiom 49 midi controller.

I was going to take a screen cap of every single program, VST, effect, etc. that I have on my computer... but I'm not that much of a bastard.

In about a month or so, I'll be running the biz off of one of these:

m3_600.jpg

and i will be in heaven.

my baby, and its child

my other baby, and my gibson J45 (circa 1966), and my fender HRD 4x10 behind it, as well as my brothers crate VC50

my pedalboard:

NYC big muff

small stone

fender blender

sustain punch creamy dreamer

vox v847 wah

digitech whammy

assorted extra gear:

ADA MP-1 preamp

Alesis Multiverb 2

Digitech rack compressor

Boss DS-1

Ibanez DS-7

Dunlop Cry baby

In about a month or so, I'll be running the biz off of one of these:

and i will be in heaven.

I just looked them up and they are more overpriced than Macs. I know you would never get a Mac but I think you can get a Sony (or something else) for cheaper and I can can turn off the windows services for you for a pint of Guinness. There is nothing special in them, don't be a sucker.

don't mind my messy jamspace.... click for bigger.

sonor_delite_00220a.jpg

sonor_delite_003edb.jpg

sonor_delite_0055c8.jpg

5pc sonor delite, in champagne sparkle finish. played on by Thomas Lang during a north american clinic tour, then sat untouched in a music store until the price dropped low enough that i couldn't resist it. the pictures are a little out of date, my cymbals+setup are different now. cymbals are sabian and zildjian, and the pedals are axis a-series longboards. oh yeah, and the snare in these photographs is a pork pie drum that i no longer use.

i have a bunch of recording gear too... oh man i haven't touched it in so long. two presonus firepods, a bunch of AKG drum mics, some standard-issue sennheiser and shure dynamics, a pair of rode small diaphragm condensers, and an AKG C414 condenser. i need to start using this stuff again, i haven't done anything with it.

jeepster, that plexi (?) you posted is fucking sweet.

i need to practice more. that's the one thing i hate about living in a city, no place to practice aside from my dodgy and overpriced rehearsal space.

I sold my kit, so I'll just list the cymbals that I still have...

20" Istanbul Agop (bought at the factory in Turkey, darkest cymbal ever)

18" Zildjian Breakbeat Ride

22" Complex Dry Ride (used when giging, it's been sold)

Hi-Hat: - Top, UFIP crash

-Bottom, Sabian AAX Studio Hat Top

Yes, I play with 2 rides...I also run my programs on a 12" Powerbook and a 15" Macbook Pro.

I don't really do much anymore though.

Didn't we just do this a few months ago?

I don't play much anymore, but here's my gear:

Amps:

1974 Marshall Super Lead

Sovtek Mig 100G

Ampeg Super Jet

Fender 4x12 cabinet

Guitars:

1985 Kramer Focus 3000 (my first real guitar, bought it new)

Strat-style custom built by ESP in New York

90's American Standard Telecaster w/Duncan PU's

and my baby

1972 Stratocaster that some previous owner butchered in the 80's. It plays super nice, but it's been thru hell and needs a re-fret badly.

strat.jpg

I've also got a giant box of effect pedals that I've been selling off, I stopped using all but one (a Frantone Peachfuzz) years ago.

DjBoothlove1.jpg

DjBoothlove2.jpg

3 Technic Turntables Sl-1210M5G with modified Magnesium SME tonearms

2 Modified Urei 1620 Mixers

6 Dope a Real Isolators

2 Technic CD Players

2 Pioneer CD Players

& a whole mess of other things...

Amps:

1974 Marshall Super Lead

my marshall is a repro of the late edition JTM45 from 69 - hendrix style. hows your super lead sound - must be a beauty. also PM me about any pedals you are getting rid of, i'm always interested in new stuff - thanks

2000dB- thanks. I like the COB Ludwigs, but they're getting ridiculously expensive. The guy I work for has 20+ COBs, I could use if I wanted. I like the older heavy brass shell Ludwig & Ludwig drums, and I prefer 15" drums- more balls. The 2nd and 4th drum down in the pic are both heavy brass 6.5x15. I use those the most. I guess I'm a bit of a collector, but I don't keep anyting that I don't use.

The kit I play is a 24/13/16, made with Keller mahogany/poplar shells with repro Radio King lugs. Looks old, sounds really nice- a "modern vintage" sound, per se. Got a gig tonight, I'll try to get a pic.

2000dB- thanks. I like the COB Ludwigs, but they're getting ridiculously expensive. The guy I work for has 20+ COBs, I could use if I wanted. I like the older heavy brass shell Ludwig & Ludwig drums, and I prefer 15" drums- more balls. The 2nd and 4th drum down in the pic are both heavy brass 6.5x15. I use those the most. I guess I'm a bit of a collector, but I don't keep anyting that I don't use.

The kit I play is a 24/13/16, made with Keller mahogany/poplar shells with repro Radio King lugs. Looks old, sounds really nice- a "modern vintage" sound, per se. Got a gig tonight, I'll try to get a pic.

Yeah, they are getting expensive, but they sound really good. The nicest I heard was fairly shallow, I'm more fond of that kind of sound. If you want a fat sound (and add a few kilos to your rig) you should (you probably have) try the huge chrome over wood Slingerlands. Good luck with your gig, I wish I still played a bit, but I have nothing to practice with :(

I just looked them up and they are more overpriced than Macs. I know you would never get a Mac but I think you can get a Sony (or something else) for cheaper and I can can turn off the windows services for you for a pint of Guinness. There is nothing special in them, don't be a sucker.

Tempting, and I'd love to buy you a Guiness anyway, but

I had a chance to take a look at these things from the inside

and witnessed it withstand an intense amount of physical

and system testing with my very own eyes- there's something

special about 'em and I'm practically dead-set.

Plus, I might be getting it for way cheaper than retail.

OMC, the specs on the M4 look good for production, but for recording and post i would suggest adding another gig of ram. also, you will probably want a firewire drive since it only has 100 gigs of HD space.

for production, the standard M4 is fine. but for recording, i think you will need the above enhancements.

OMC, the specs on the M4 look good for production, but for recording and post i would suggest adding another gig of ram. also, you will probably want a firewire drive since it only has 100 gigs of HD space.

for production, the standard M4 is fine. but for recording, i think you will need the above enhancements.

Hey Miz,

I'm actually picking up an M4x, which comes with another gig of ram, plus an extra slot to kick it up to 3, mac-style.

and yeah, the HD isn't anything to write home about, but with all the ports and slots available on this thing, getting a decent setup running won't be so hard.

The one I was playing around with was linked up to two firewire drives, a couple of control surfaces, and routed directly into a mixing desk. It was beautiful. Not to mention that it was working perfectly after being run through six hours of overload testing. I'm in love with a machine.

This M-Audio Oxygen8 I've got has been solid for the past four years, but I'm looking to either upgrade to something else or add a dedicated control surface with more tasty knobs and sliders.

As far as an audio interface, I'm kind of torn between a cardbus solution and a firewire unit... I'm still trying to narrow it down, have any advice?

go with firewire. don't go with usb or cardbus. how many inputs do you need? i don't need many so i just got the firewire solo from m-audio.

here's what i have for my portable rig:

mac book pro 15" intel duo core

beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro Headphones

m-audio ozone keyboard

m-audio firewire solo audio interface

and i carry it all in this:

studio_pack.jpg

but it's kinda heavy. i suggest getting this instead:

studiopack_dlx.jpg

how do you like the Ozone?

i was actually going to say last time around, i could really care less about having a shit ton of inputs. my first impulse was actually to pick up the Echo Indigo DJ card,

which I've heard good reviews from a couple of people who've used it out.

oops sorry, i meant to say i have the oxygen.

i like the oxygen. but i'm a keyboard player so it's not big enough for me to play for real. i mainly use it to trigger samples.

why not get a midi controller/audio interface? like the ozone? it has one input just in case you need to sample a turntable or record a mic, or something.

oops sorry, i meant to say i have the oxygen.

i like the oxygen. but i'm a keyboard player so it's not big enough for me to play for real. i mainly use it to trigger samples.

why not get a midi controller/audio interface? like the ozone? it has one input just in case you need to sample a turntable or record a mic, or something.

same here, i don't use it to 'play' per se.

triggering samples and sketching out melodies when i'm sitting down to work on original work is mainly what i do.

Go musos! It's cool to see who plays what etc on this board.

Bach Strad Trumpet Model 72

Bach 3C mouthpiece.

Both are like 8 years old and are pretty busted (took them through high-school and many a drunken gig since). It would be nice to have some new gear, but can't really justify it since I'm not (at this stage) pursuing music as a career.

Shure SM57

Digitech Vx400 vocal effects processor (for the trumpet). It's pretty fun.

Two Stanton turntables (one 120, one 150)

Dodgy behringer mixer

Fender American Standard Telecaster (1989), which I haven't played for waay too long.

Fender Sidekick Reverb 25 (surprisingly solid little amp).