Levis 1886 501XX

Does anyone know about these LVC jeans? IE what year they were produced? As far as I can tell these look identical to the Nevada mine jeans, but they don't seem to have the pliers pocket on the left thigh. Or is it one of the brand-new range from this spring? I didn't know Levi's actually had an 1886 pair of 501s.. I wonder if this is a historical construct...

Exactly. The Nevada jeans were pre-501, possibly from 1880. These look to be later, because they don't have the pliers pocket. But I don't know that Leiv's have got exactly this pair in the archives... I wonder if they're a modifed version of the Nevada jeans... not a big deal, I'll have to see if I can find Leiv's original information. I like them, though... it's possible they might be natural indigo, like the Nevada reissue, with wear by bart Sights.

These aren't 501. Look at the widely-spaced hem on the back pocket, that's a characrteristic of early Leiv's workwear, just llike the Nevada jeans, plus single stitching on the yoke. I don't understnad why the patch (which you'll notice is under the cinch) is so big either...

I was actually lucky enough to be at Levi's archive when a few people were examining the Nevada jeans for the first time... these look very similar. IEther they're modelled on a specific pair of old jeans they have just bought.. or they're LVC's guess of what a slightly later jean than the Nevada pair would look like.

I did see there was a singlepocket jean in the new LVC range and these must be the ones, I'll try and find the catalogue I've lost. I do love these tho. Some time ago, I got hold of a pair of LVC's Indigo Immortals - like these, but 2 back pockets. Got into work ... first comment: "euggghh, they look they belonged to a tramp who's pissed himself..."

haha

good story mate,.. LIKE IT

i know i agree they dont seem like 501s..

but thats what it says on the label and remeber.. the model you see today for instant is obvisouly just a modifed version of this pair..

what theyr stating is, this was the first design of the 501, id imagine,.. its similar to the nevada,.. and you know that was one of the first deisgns they did..

its all interesting,...