Bless

Servo2000

Images from their website, which appears to have recently updated with all of their work going back into the early 90s. One-to-two images picked from most of the collections. This is partially an excuse to host these images on imageshack to have them in case something should ever happen to the BLESS site, as well as just be a (not particularly brief) preview of their work.

Please excuse the fact that I'm slightly obsessive-compulsive and tend to enjoy compiling things, it's an unfortunate habit.

edit: on a side note, if the broken frame is that bothersome to the mods I can fix the images, but I'd prefer not to if at all possible.

1996 - Debut

imgdebuttg6.jpg

1996 - Furwigs

img00an4.jpg

1997 - Bootsocks

img01fincl0.jpg

1997 - Disposable T-Shirt

img02finvf8.jpg

1997 - Set

img03gq6.gif

Many parts of the body are involved, especially the face which is usually treated individually from the rest of the body. It is an experimentation in its way of combining various materials, colors, shapes and purposes.

It’s main objective is to push the consumer to express himself in a very personal and creative manner.

In addition to being an accessory as were all the previous products, this set is the perfect synthesis of Bless’s suggestions to making modern day clothing evolve.

Bless says: The set can be worn on all side of the body in whatever way. Try, can't error!

1999 - Bags

img0403up8.jpg

1998 - Customizable Footwear

img06oq0.jpg

1999 - Merchandising

img0901pe6.jpg

BLESS N° 09 is more of a MERCHANDISING project than a fashion collection. The newly developed FAN-ITEMS are made to show their owners as like-minded persons / fans / searchers for a different kind of value, besides a specific shape and colour. Thus the creation of an intentional UNISIZE basic shaped clothstyle (sweatshirts, t-shirts, polo shirts all in xl size, and jeans) which means a chance for everybodyshape - and allows easy access to people in a UNISEX (female, male, thing) and UNIAGE (first - last days) spirit, ignoring stereotypical taste, social classifications, dressing habits and usual shape preferences. Since it’s not about the clothes themselves but their values they portray (through their speaking front and quiet back), they can be worn at any kind of occasions ( FOR PRESENTATIONS) to demonstrate a personal attitude or to give a fashionable statement or not.

2000 - Scarfs

img1002aa8.jpg

2000 - Team Ups

img1212uc1.jpg

Co-produced visions of personal landscapes.

2001 - Basics

img1306ya7.jpg

2001 - Shopping Basics

img1402ee0.jpg

Made to enhance the stability of satisfaction in every shopping process, some of them assure a comfortable transport of new belongings on the way home, while others stay very close and protect meanwhile effortlessly the body.

2002 - Allaround Wear

img1803lh8.jpg

Espandrillo Sneakers

Clothes for wearers more than spectators in a reasearch of balancing inside feelings with outside conditions, urge of comfort with aesthetic progress, summerneeds with winteroptics and the feeling to own something that takes care of you.

fashion is a product you buy to fulfill the law of a saturated society and we would like to add something we miss personally. presented on a moving surface, a crashproof of flexibility for all personal balance and garment addaption. the instant impression can´t be foreseen nor repeated, the flux goes on.

2002 - Uncool

img1907mn2.jpg

2004 - O.Kayers

img2004vi8.jpg

img2009pe3.jpg

Filechair

presented in the context of a hotel, the project is an attempt to respond to a travellers etemal problem of heavy luggage aswell as to extend possible

hotel services to enhance the clients comfort during his/her stay.

The hotel client find in it's wardrobe a small selection of basic and useful clothes, such as i.e. underwear, a knitted jumper, a suit, a dress, sunglasses, a bag and many other items that are at his/her free disposal during the stay.

In the ideal case, this additional hotel service functions as both - a useful wardrobe supplement aswell as a refreshing discovery of various approach to design, contributing to a new relaxed voyaging.

2004 - The Bringer

img2304ro3.jpg

Some germans use the term ‘the bringer’ in a moment of spontaneous enthusiasm either in response to- or to describe a thing that is personally useful. In the Blesswearers eyes all personal clothing needs can be satisfied: almost every look is devisable in 1-6 pieces which can be used separately as a light casual wear (a jacket, a scarf, a hood, shoes...) or as a more complex omnipresent piece (jacket, scarf, hood and shoes, all connected in one piece). The final look can include diverse clothing concepts, such as elegant fabrics (silk and leather scarfs), special items (expander shoes) and sporty looks (cotton jackets and hoods).

2006 - Climate Confusion Assistance

img2805fm4.jpg

Jacket Backpack

No matter where and what weather.

Wear to enhance the personal stability and comfort

even horiziontally relaxed in a hammock.

this shit is amazing. too bad their prices have become so outlandishly fucking high.

ps, look here onemancult. apparently i took the last black one, sorry!

thanks again for the heads up, i actually saw the black one up on southwillard and thought about it, but thought i'd wait. congrats on yr purchase!

as far as their prices, it really is a shame- and, i wonder if it is, at the very least, justifiable reasonably, or it is a result of their increased cachet.

if anyone wants in on the Bless train for cheap, hit up www.oogabooga.com and check out their selection of Bless' button pins. Fifteen bucks a pop.

thanks again for the heads up, i actually saw the black one up on southwillard and thought about it, but thought i'd wait. congrats on yr purchase!

as far as their prices, it really is a shame- and, i wonder if it is, at the very least, justifiable reasonably, or it is a result of their increased cachet.

if anyone wants in on the Bless train for cheap, hit up www.oogabooga.com and check out their selection of Bless' button pins. Fifteen bucks a pop.

Pretty sure that: http://www.oogaboogastore.com/ is the address you were looking for.

this shit is amazing. too bad their prices have become so outlandishly fucking high.

ps, look here onemancult. apparently i took the last black one, sorry!

Yeah, prices are now completely out of my range, personally.

Not quite like back when at the main Bless shop, I quote:

The product prices were adaptable to personal needs.

That would've been pretty amazing. I'm going to have keeping my eye out for old BLESS stuff, but I've never really run into much of it. The BLESS store in Berlin, I believe, carries "Archival" collections so you can still buy some of the much older stuff.

Yeah, prices are now completely out of my range, personally.

probably bill gates' as well. because its not that people cant afford it, but rather, be stupid enough to buy a $600 scarf.

id get that metal looped waistcoat if i could stomach paying $700 for anything other than shoes (at the moment).

Yeah, I'd consider shoes or something that had some sort of re-sale value if I wasn't too lazy to ever actually resell anything. Although they really are out of my range, considering that most of the time I can barely afford Raf by Raf Simon's stuff, much less the mainline, which is where these pieces prices seem to be headed.

I'm planning on just continuing to watch eBay / Y! Japan for pieces.

blud blud blud: have you heard the NASA / STAGESHOW riddim?

reloads for days.

Yeah, but I've been getting hype off of Scorcher's stay down the road refix of Kroniks original feat. Himself, Kronik, Tempa T, and Esco.....Pure madness. Stageshow is good though, but i feel like it needs to be seen live for the hypeness to really get me.

[sorry Servo]

Edit: To make this relevant, I will say that the waistcoat, hooded jacket, and sweatshirt with those rings in the shoulders are fucked....and on another note, is the book worth buying? as in, is it well designed, photographed, written, etc....?

the book is most definitely worth buying, you should definitely pick it up if you're interested in Bless work. the contributed articles are well thought out and the design + layout are tops. worth the 60 bucks in my opinion.

I can't remember where you're located, Raised by Wolves, but I know there are finally getting to be some "offline" retailers that are stocking the book. South Willard in Los Angeles, for one. Didn't get a chance to look at it, too busy not affording their nice clothing.

I can't remember where you're located, Raised by Wolves, but I know there are finally getting to be some "offline" retailers that are stocking the book. South Willard in Los Angeles, for one. Didn't get a chance to look at it, too busy not affording their nice clothing.

NYC....

If there's anywhere you know that has it in the flesh, I'd love to have a look. I'm becoming an unintentional art book collector.