what are your favorite stores in the USA

M.O.A

I just made a thread like this in superjetset but I doubt many people will see it there.

So here is my question. What are YOUR favorite stores in the United States. By stores I mean anything us super geeks would be interested in...ie boutiques, shoe stores, super shops, record shops, toy shops, streetwear vendors , euro streetwear, bondage streetwear [jk] anything you can think of as long as it is a place within the United States.

one more thing, give me your reasons why you like them, what those stores offer you that no other places do and why.

also, please try to include a full spectrum of stores. I know most people like Self Edge or Union or Bloomies....but let me here about the smaller stuff too. The shops that make you appreciate the beautiful items in life. That hole int he wall place that you found one day that sells the best ____ anything works.

Copy and Paste below and fill it in with your selections if you wish. Anything goes guys.

West Coast

East Coast

Middle Coast

anyways, thanks for your help guys.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the US, one of my favorites is Base in Miami. just something about that store I really like. the gear there is quite a mixed bunch, but mostly pretty neat stuff. the atmosphere is just really nice, and the people there are uberfriendly.

in the US, one of my favorites is Base in Miami. just something about that store I really like. the gear there is quite a mixed bunch, but mostly pretty neat stuff. the atmosphere is just really nice, and the people there are uberfriendly.

gotta check that out when i move.

My favorite store is HM hands down. The price is just unbeatable. Your money is worth so much there.

On the expensive end, Barneys COOP, Opening Ceremony, and American Rag Cie (especially for their cafe) are my favorites.

bellevue + seattle, wa - zebraclub

washington square mall, right outside portland, oregon - metropark

sad....both stores are terrible :/

i dont know anything about zebraclub, but metropark is horrible.

anyway

steven alan

odin

blue in green (even though i've never actually bought anything from them)

supreme

supermarket :)

In Orlando, Florida- Park Ave CDs . Best independent cd store in Florida. They have a huge selection of really hard to find cds, tshirts, records, music related videos, etc... They also sell concert/show tickets to big and really small venues with no extra fees. If they don't have a really hard to find cd you want, you can tell them what it is and they'll try to locate and order it for you. They also have free shows with decent small time artists play instore for promos. Great people. http://www.parkavecds.com/

mondo kims in new york..

amoeba in la...

both stores were cool in a very similar way.. i love small indie record stores and these were basically the mecca of that category, records as far as the eye could see and tons of weird random dvds

newbury comics in boston

ill think of more later

Southwest

i havent been around that much as i would like to but i really like HUB Clothing in Scottsdale, Az.They have a lot of the more mainstream undergroundish brands (read Alex+Chloe, Corpus, Nice Collective, Nudie, Cheap Monday, not the uber unknown brands though)

The people there are really nice too and the service is excellent, i always go there when im down in phoenix and they know my name so that also makes my stay there more enjoyable. If youre ever down there imo its worth checking out not that much for the brands as they can be found at a bunch of other places but shopping there is enjoyable.

Guest jmatsu
They have the single best stock of Visvim in the USA.

EDIT: Japanese Visvim that is.

not that i care, but no, leilow does not have the best stock. undefeated has a more extensive one, not to mention limited editions.

not that i care, but no, leilow does not have the best stock. undefeated has a more extensive one, not to mention limited editions.

Ummm UNDFTD only carries the G-Line, which I don't care for. And having been to both stores during Feburary and March of this year I can say first hand that Leilow has the best stock of Visvim in the country. They have a whole table covered in Visvim shoes and still have some gems left from past seasons.

UNDFTD is probably my favorite sneaker store in the country however and I have always been impressed with their t-shirts and collaborations.

undefeated is boring. yeah, seriously.

santa monica > la brea

haven't been to the ones in vegas, tokyo, shizuoka, or silverlake...

most of the tier 0 shoes i own = purchased from nort