New Nudies...

home

My first pair of raws were RRDS. It was around about that time I started hearing whispers of the Masa, and I was getting all excited about them. Now, after everything I've seen, read, bought and worn, I'm a bit meh. If they're worth it, I'll probably still fork out for them, but they'd better be the king-kong of denim, and it's only because I like the nudie cut.

that was the deal breaker on the finns, a zipper. if they 100% cotton i might be tempted.

i said the exact same thing and asked on mynides, and mattias at fos5 said he is pretty sure its 100% cotton..

hell, thinking about it, i suppose they have to be... elastane is a man made synthetic substance, so probably they couldnt call them organic denim anymore if they were stretch.

Personally i think the hottest thing, in terms of sales, that Nudie is releasing this year is their Dry Black Selvedge Denim.

It's a really nice looking black selvedge, kinda reminds me of their current dry black but in selvedge and with some good weight added to it.

• 2 weeks later...
Anybody get their hands on the Grim Tim's yet? Wasn't going to look at nudies for my next pair, but those looks very pleasing and tempting, especially if the denim Q is going to be decent and they came in a dry or overdyed black...

Check out the mynudies website under photos they haev a whole bunch of kids with fit pics.

• 3 months later...

Grim Tim Black Selvage turned up in the post today.

Fit: Bottom is almost exactly the same as my Ande Whall Rakers, 6.5 inch hem on a 27 waist. Top half is a little roomier and rise is a little higher... yoke is still a little low, hardly butthugging, but I sized up an inch from my waist to wear them on my hips anyway. Only complaint is the belt loops are fucking gigantic and ugly.

Denim: Mediumweight, slightly lighter and not quite as stiff as Ande Whall V3 but still pretty rigid. Colour is slightly charcoalish, loads of white weft peeking through. A few slubs and plenty of streaks but not as pronounced as my girlfriend's grey Edwins.

Stitching is entirely black, which is what sold these to me over Skull 5010s (yellow thread+black denim = yuk).

Pretty certain Context has comprehensive measurements for Grim Tims in all sizes.

Those are size 27, up 1.5 inches from my true waist size and worn on my hips in a middleish position. I'd estimate the front rise to be around 9 inches and the thighs are pretty hefty at around 9-9.5 inches at a rough estimate. Knee is 7 and hem 6.5 I think.

I believe Indigo Junkie has the dry copper svens...

DD -> the Grim Tim looks good but from other pics I've seen the black selvedge from nudie looks almost grey

you know the grim tim's are pretty cool...too slim of leg for me i think, maybe i can size up and wear em low?

what size are thoes? can you provide measurements? thigh@crotch + waist is what i care about..

Nudie does the black selvedge in the Average Joe cut which is reputed to be Nudie's best cut yet..

It's nowhere near grey in real life. The threads are definitely black, but the overall impression is of a very dark charcoal due to the white weft.

As to the AJ being the 'best Nudie cut yet', that's surely pretty subjective as to whether or not you have a fat ass and thighs or not, and the kind of trainers/boots you want to wear with your jeans. If you're rocking hitops and/or jeans tucked into boots the AJ is going to be a pretty bloody awful cut.

• 1 year later...

this seemed most fitting for the question I had....

anybody know the sizing of the High Kai's? I wear a 25 in SSK's, should I stick with the 25 in high kai as well or go up or down a size?

any kind of info would be great!

Thanks!

i would size up 1 not more if you're going for the dry comfort. i have yet to see them in person on other washes though. Also note that HighKai is the tightest fit from nudie. If you're a dude stick to TLJ or its just gonna look plain gay.