Ideas for the next SuFu Denim Contest?!

Eternal 811.

1. good quality vs price

2. Slim but not too slim. you can size down for slimmer or size up for looser.

3. If youre not sure yet, look at this:

picture1fy4.png

I think that Cheap is a great SuFu mascot. If I had to pick somebody to represent us, I would send him (or Chicken, TIP, Polly, La Guy). I don't think that's he's ever really said much of anything that I disagree with, and he has a great sense of style. That being said, does not have the best wear, imo. They certainly look the best on him, though, and he is in the top 3.

Getting back to the original topic Ill just post what I said in the other thread:

"I could see Samurai 5000VX being an option, as well as something from either Eternal or Flat Head. I will participate if the denim is lightish weight (nothing over 17 oz in consideration of those in warm climates; what's the point of making the contest a year if people cannot wear the jeans over the summer?) and regular fitting."

Oni would not work, because it does not really fade; same with PBJ. It's needs to be a universal cut so more people can participate.

you're sure you're not homosexual?

My idea:

Winner gets flown to Japan to see a Guitar Wolf show with the owners of Flat Head. If he/she starts a bar fight and gets out intact, then they win one of every item that Flat Head makes.

If they get knocked out, they have to surrender the jeans they are wearing, and fly home in their underpants.

I would sign up for that in a heartbeat. Hey Kiya, get on it.

;)

GREAT IDEA!

I'd like to see a brand that's not that common around these parts yet, agree with sneakeraddict on Warehouse (Blue & Grey's) and Denime. There are so many options.

-Joe Mc Coy's maybe?

1083010522ya5.jpg

1083010523ua7.jpg

(2 years, please note that ZK claimed he didn't sand these)

-The Flat Head?

-Fullcount?

- John Bull?

etcetc.

ok well people have said this in one way or another but automatically thought this before i even finished reading the thread

i think Flat Head 3001's or Eternal 811's are due for a contest. i think we need to see the fading capabilities of super dark, smoother, heavily vertical fading denim.

however, i think the Eternals will win out because . . .

1. fit is friendlier to all body types. seems like the 10 inch and above front rise and 8.5 - 9 inch hem fit just about every body type pretty well.

2. eternals are cheaper (i think), and easier to find. i think selfedge is the only place that is going to carry the blank back pockets and normal shaped pockets -- if i recall kiya said that flat head is producing those only for him; so wait that could be a plus for selfedge

3. there was minimal branding in the first place, so we won't have ten bajillion thread in the supermarket that say 'WTB ____ with original arcs and tabs!' -- i actually did this for my flat heads haha.

4. they are one wash so determining your size is a lot easier.

5. larger range of sizes (not actually sure about that though bc eternals go up to 36 which actually measure 34 though, and flathead only go up to 34 also)

bottom line is ( . . . and go ahead and flame me) but i wanna see some high contrast and vertical fading! i've never really been enthralled with how samurais fade, but everything i've seen of eternal and flat head just makes me more and more excited for the possibility of a contest featuring them.

Guest jeffvyain

it'd be much more fun to work through the dealer as opposed to the retailer as we did with samurai. eternal would be awesome, but the length is an issue for many of us sufu'ers. I, for one, can't wear them at all, but if they made 35-36" length post-wash, I'd be all over it. This is one of those things you can possibly make happen when you contact the dealer. Hell, maybe we can get a new fit this year or some other craziness.

^ I think that if another contest is being held, people would try to get the jeans through the brand directly, so people won't need to be searching out the jeans, and maybe special price would be made and contest exclusive things like nr etc.

So availabity isn't really a problem as long as the chosen brand wishes to cooperate.

Jeffyvain beat me to it

I'd like to see a brand that's not that common around these parts yet, agree with sneakeraddict on Warehouse (Blue & Grey's) and Denime. There are so many options.

-Joe Mc Coy's maybe?

1083010522ya5.jpg

1083010523ua7.jpg

(2 years, please note that ZK claimed he didn't sand these)

-The Flat Head?

-Fullcount?

- John Bull?

etcetc.

Those look so nice. I do think indigo rather than black just looks more interesting-but maybe that's just beacause I havn't seen many really faded black raws...whatever the case, i'd def be up for it this time round.

^^ i second that cotton.

i was thinking we need something with several different cuts (but same denim and construction) to make it more accessible to sufuers slightly different style. yes they will of course wear differently according to the cuts but we could break up the contest into a fit one category and fit two category etc. just a thought. and straight through the manufacturer would be best too i feel.

I think that too many people already have the 811 to make it an interesting contest jean. We would be better off sticking to a jean/brand that few people have such as Denime or Fullcount. The 66xx would be a great jean because Denimes fade relatively quickly and it can be worn either regular or slim depending on the size chosen.

Drop 15 SuFu'ers in a Wal-Mart, nude, with $50 each.

Whoever comes out with the most stylish outfit wins a BiG gift certificate.

;)

i tried to read the first page but it was all about guys blowing cheep.

does anyone know around what time this will be starting.

i have new standards with barely any wear and want to know when i'll have to start saving up for a pair of 200+ jeans.