Ideas for the next SuFu Denim Contest?!

if i could choose i'd go with the x005 cut. the x009 is maybe okay too, as my 66 gets more and more sixty-ish.....

i am in.

and i am also in for the rjb arcuates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still got too much pairs languishing up in the air in a "holding pattern". Hence, @this point in time, I'd only be onboard if it's going to be distinctively collaborative piece.

That said, I'm in for denim used in 103BSP, or something very similar .... possibly in a heavier Zim = @round 15.5oz :: "Stealth" or black stitch poly cotton ARCs :: RJB Logo Embroidery @coinpocket, instead of backpocket :: Collab leather patch :: for the cut__ 1st pref= 3009 & 3005, 2nd.

If we're going to be expending all those precious time, money, & energy__ let us make it count__ let's make it a true one-off

My logic is really simple__ if the [jawns] is going to look like something that can be bought @the store, why bother with a GMTO !? ;) ;)

Bottom line, what makes a collab piece interesting is the mash-up__ of brands & deets w/c is so un-natural ... for [this] denimhead, partaking on a worthwhile limited run is always a heady treat.

Edited by BrownMetallic

I believe the denim used in the 103, 105, and 106bsps are the same... and what's the point of increasing the ounceage by one? Developing a whole new denim would add wayyyy more time to this whole thing, if it even happens.

Personally, i don't really see the point in changing the location of the jolly roger or making the arcs black. It seems like making things different for the sake of different, not really because it's better. Imo there's a reason why most jeans follow the same pattern, because it looks the best!

I'd be stoked for Ed's idea because it gives me a chance to get an awesome pair of jeans in amazing denim because the cuts they offer now don't work for me. Maybe that's why other people are excited too? I'm not sure, but if I had skinny legs I'd already be wearing the 105bsp!

I'm more excited for a contest with jeans that will age great and work for a lot of people than for some out-there collab jeans that could've been designed by Benny from Take5...

Personally I like tonal arcs, like on the SExFHxRJB15. That whole combination of the two different brands back pocket designs is really awesome to me. And I'd love to see the RJB denim used as well.

As long as it isn't a really heavy denim I wouldn't be complaining, but it doesn't sound like that's up for discussion anyways.

3009 or 3005 is great for me, I'm sure either one would work out well.

Fingers crossed that this happens, even if it's a year or two down the road.

I just love too much how it looks when cotton arcs like flat head uses disintegrates, and you can't see that at all with tonal arcs!

Simon would you be in on these?

I agree. Tonal arcs look good in the long long run, but contrasting looks great from start, and even when they wear off.

Ed, chime in and let us know if you're going forth or what.

I believe the denim used in the 103, 105, and 106bsps are the same... and what's the point of increasing the ounceage by one? Developing a whole new denim would add wayyyy more time to this whole thing, if it even happens.

Personally, i don't really see the point in changing the location of the jolly roger or making the arcs black. It seems like making things different for the sake of different, not really because it's better. Imo there's a reason why most jeans follow the same pattern, because it looks the best!

Well, isn't sharing ideas' what this thread's all about !? 'Just giving my 2cents, man ;)

Btw, the BSPs were 13.75oz. Don't know if you've tried, but from personal experience, 2 ounces make a world of difference, in terms of denim behavior & evo ... eg, FC 13.75oz prodn vs 15.5oz XX ... Warehouse 1001 13oz vs 14.5oz version ... Even the Skull 6x6 vs 7x6 [w/c was lighter], evo quite differently.

Consequently, a 15.5-16oz would be like the [Denim On Steriods] version of [that] same RJB rope-dyed Zims. Don't really know how that's gonna pan out, but that's the beauty of it ... That's where adventure part comes in.

Working on a contest pair using a known quality, well-documented denim is just not as interesting & thrilling as breaking in a fresh new lot, IMO.

FC x SuFu x BiG was a great denim adventure, as no one knew how the 15.5oz green line Zim's going to turn out.

As for the 100% cotton thread arcs, almost ALL of my jeans have them [ie, @the start]. I would like to keep the arcs intact much longer [this time], hence the "black poly cotton" suggestion__ & black, so as not to be distracting. Requesting it through a GMTO is the only possible way to get them arcs ... sorry, just had to at least try :)

With regards to Take5 Collab aesthetics, no offense to Benny, but seems they're overdone, most times.

At any rate, good luck on your denim quest every1 !!!

Edited by BrownMetallic

Errbody!

The old rjb denim used on the bsp's was singed and calendered or whatever. They didn't update the webpage, but I believe that after the sexfhxrjb15s the bsp's started using the new denim. Also, I believe the fact that the new denim is 2 oz more didn't make a difference, instead it was so different because it was loom state and not treated at all. Don't remember if the old one was Zimbabwe cotton or not. And imo around 14 oz is a sweet spot, look at flag heads jeans, still think the pioneer denim is the best fading even though all the denim is similar.

And the new denim isn't SE exclusive, it's used in mainline jeans like the D105 they make every year.

And bm you think the denim is well documented? I've seen one or two faded pair of rjbs and that's it!

With regards to Take5 Collab aesthetics, no offense to Benny, but seems they're overdone, most times.

At any rate, good luck on your denim quest every1 !!!

that was what I was getting at :) the collabs are undoubtedly different but not for the better!

Oops yeah sorry typo, on my phone. Exactly what you said.

It looks like RJB's website is really old, I'm not sure how up to date it is. The denim

I'm proposing we use is what was used on sexfhxrjb15s, I *think* recent runs of the BSPs, and for instance Cold Summers (since sold) D105s.

What drives me crazy is that they do a bunch of collaborations like 3005FXR, but it's still a flat head cut, flat head denim, with just rjb details... who cares about rjb details??? Gimme dat denim!

Yeah they are connected, owned by the same dude (Kobayashi-san), you can notice a lot of similarities in the stuff made by the two... Rjb is just more out there

^who isn't? hehe

anyway, i gotta agree with BM that we should opt for something unique, as long as there is a chance and depending on how many people will seriously be committed. maybe Ed can actually do some magic. always hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

one thing, when RJB says D105, they actually say 501, right?

edit: when i say unique, i talk denim. don't scare me away with fancy stealth arcs and stuff like Denimio would put on a pair of SAMs.... RJB is already fancy enough, and TFH sometimes too

Edited by Blue Nemo

I feel like it's hard to say if D105=501. I'm pretty sure it's a med rise slim thigh straight cut...

Like I said before, just feel like the flagship RJB denim is so good, we don't need to mess... And I'd love to see a bunch of people fade it.

Guessing it would make it easier to happen if we use denim they already have...