Ideas for the next SuFu Denim Contest?!

I'de prefer Sugarcane over Samurai simply for variety sake. Realistically, how long would it take for this modern denim cut to go from concept to product?

Lets just pick Sugarcane now.. and start collecting deposits. :P

I think probably the best thing is to wait until we have all cards on the table, then do a poll or vote thread, giving a choice of different companies, and a choice for those of us that are interested in doing the comp regardless of which brand is used. I myself am more interested in taking part in the competition itself, rather than only if I can have a certain brand, cut, leg opening, rise etc. Having said that I am not putting a downer on coming up with SUFU X ?????? ideas as I think they're all great...and I think we should keep them coming-as I understand it, we have a little while before having to actually commit to anything...

SUFU pocket bags have yet to be mentioned I think...

id go in for sugarcane, or something other than samurai. no offense to samurai, i just don't think there should be another samurai contest.

we should start up a list of whod be in so that we can see how many people we could actually get. 100 people is a lot. i dont know how likely it is that wed get that many.

how many jumped on the list for the last one then dropped out? lists don't mean shit

It would be a lot easier if Sugar Cane would take direct payments and then start a run of jeans when they had 100 orders. If they don't get 100 then you're fucked and can come back here and complain about getting fucked out of your money.

i love how powerful the name superfuture has become to where some guy off the street can call a company and get shit like this done cause he says its for superfuture. dont know think im in but i wouldnt mind getting a pair for my brother or something.

how many jumped on the list for the last one then dropped out? lists don't mean shit

It would be a lot easier if Sugar Cane would take direct payments and then start a run of jeans when they had 100 orders. If they don't get 100 then you're fucked and can come back here and complain about getting fucked out of your money.

I agree that Cane should take direct payments.

imo, the list is necessary. It gives these companies gauge the demand. If they don't get enough interest, the idea can be easily scrapped.

i love how powerful the name superfuture has become to where some guy off the street can call a company and get shit like this done cause he says its for superfuture. dont know think im in but i wouldnt mind getting a pair for my brother or something.

I don't think they knew what superfuture was. But everybody who buys the jeans must participate in the contest or else what's the point?

If people buy the jeans and then disapear than that will hurt the contest alot, and later contest as well. Afterall, if the contest is competive enough and sugarcane get's what it wants out of it, in the future companies might approach us with ideas for the contest.

We should probably be acting as a group and not individually. Come up with requirements, see how many people are interested, and shop it to companies. We don't need two contests running, and we probably wouldn't make minimum numbers for either.

this is awesome.. rep for the info on sugarcane

seriously, everyone shows too much love for the 19cm and new standard though, I dont think 19cm cut or new standard appeals to everyone, especially if we want 100 (even though it probably wont be hard) I would prefer a more versatile 'straight leg cut' thats more modern with a lower rise... i think universally that would be best, can be sized up, down or right

thats just my opinion

either way, count me in, as long is its not based on 19cm or NS

Well, I have put my name on the list for a possible Sammie contest, and if that happens I will take part.

I would also love to mark myself down for a possible Cane contest - BUT - Sugarcane has, so far, never made a pair of jeans that will fit me (36" inseam). So I can't really show support until I see a size chart.

I love Samurai, and I love Sugar Canes. BUT, how about a competition between SuFu and SF based on the SF/5EP collab jeans? (This idea popped into my head in the context of the 5EP thread, where 5EP was suggested as a contest-worthy jean.)

The timing is good. The discussions with Godmother are well underway, meaning the collab jean is heading into production NOW. We could just ask for a serial number to be added to the marking (on the inside) they’ll be doing anyway.

There is already a fair amount of overlap between players on these two boards. The SuFu squad could be invited to examine the prototype / plans for the new jean and, if interest is there, we have a contest between the boards. (Of course some people would have to declare a loyalty to one board or the other for purposes of the “teamsâ€.)

Not only is this cool, but it could be up and running within a month or so. Basically, it’s a contest ready to roll!

I don't think they knew what superfuture was.

before we get carried away with sucking each others dicks to celebrate the sufu influence on the denim world, I'm pretty sure we could all drop dead in the next 30 second and the Japanese denim market wouldn't even notice

i don't think that's true. Although the Japanese denim market would definitely live on and continue to thrive, we do represent enough of a customer base to merit the opening of two stores dedicated to japanese denim, as well as a large import market. In terms of global denim market, we play a minor role, but to the japanese specialty denim market our presence is definitely felt.