accessories? jewelry?

Guest Airjamie

a friend of mine who makes jewelry on the side gave me this a while back. haven't been thinking about bracelets lately so this was a welcome surprise; very simple. beads mostly black sometimes fading to a very dark brown. in a nice touch the inner band's a somewhat neon pink. 
tumblr_mneorfNhar1qa47z6o1_500.jpg

a friend of mine who makes jewelry on the side gave me this a while back. haven't been thinking about bracelets lately so this was a welcome surprise; very simple. beads mostly black sometimes fading to a very dark brown. in a nice touch the inner band's a somewhat neon pink.

tumblr_mneorfNhar1qa47z6o1_500.jpg

I'd like to find something like this

• 5 weeks later...

I mainly wear only rings but I really like this bracelet Ghettobob. Nice job.

Here is what's on my fingers today, two Eyeballin' rings by Jewel Heritage ( www.jewelheritage.com ):

IMG_5303_zps89101f70.jpg

And a part of my collection, skull head by The Great Frog, Pow! ring by Ambush, Empty squares find on Etsy. and the Yukon totem ring, Harbinger bird skull and others Eyeballin rings all by Jewel Heritage.

IMG_5304_zps546a3634.jpg

Just added those McNairy's rings to my collection.  :)

450fcb11-afbf-4b37-a500-7eea2ef6a611_zps

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love pieces like this

13915214387_d1f7666e0b_o_d.jpg

14078759696_381e8f537c_d.jpg

I had one where it was a black rubber cord with the end pieced together with a silver grooved link that twists open, which I lost ):

Still actively looking for something similar or if that ^ becomes available in black, almost thought about getting another duplicate in case I lose it or the leather gets worn badly from daily wear

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

looks like a flathead ring but less interesting 

?

It's essentially a copy of Goro's feather ring. I was under the assumption that the Flat Head's feather ring was also a copy of Goro's feather ring. 

Edited by Iron Horse

?

It's essentially a copy of Goro's feather ring. I was under the assumption that the Flat Head's feather ring was also a copy of Goro's feather ring. 

Flat Head, Goro, and everybody else making these in Japan are copying Navajo designs. There are two families in the tribe which have been making these identical rings since the early 70's.  

Edited by kiya

Flat Head, Goro, and everybody else making these in Japan are copying Navajo designs. There are two families in the tribe which have been making these identical rings since the early 70's.  

Right, I'm familiar with Goro's travels to the US and (supposed?) Navajo apprenticeship, Yellow Eagle, etc.

I'd really love to see the original designs. Anytime I've looked up Navajo silver feather rings and pendants, I've come away with the conclusion that Goro improved upon their designs. Usually the Navajo feather rings I see look more like this:

$_35.JPG

Edited by Iron Horse

• 5 months later...

How do you think look rings that real men wear? I saw many examples on different powerful figures, but still cannot come up with the strong concept of what “a men ring†is. Any thoughts on the subject are very welcomed. Also do not hesitate to show what you are wearing.

Obviously everyone chooses the accessories that fit him the best. But what do you think in general? What kind of rings highlights the manliness?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody know if there's any good sites or if anyone can do some legit checks on goro's pieces? Planning to get some pieces online.

It's like near impossible to tell fake ones from the real. Doesn't goro's use molds these days? The whole point of having goro's is that you line up, let the employees determine your steez level, and cop what they offer. Otherwise, it's just mainland steez. 

• 2 months later...