TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

i dont really want to go shopping either, i just kinda wanna get inebriated

but i still kind of want to do this

hmmmmm

No one is pointing a gun to your head to get you to pay for something. Hence, you're not really SHOPPING. Nomad is voted as a MEETING PLACE, god dammit. NOT SHOPPING.

If anything is more sketch, its getting drunk w/ stranger WHILE its broad daylight (we're meeting at 1:45pm)

I don't wanna drink I have a strict meal plan I must follow

oy...I'm starting to think I'm not a "people person". You boys have your play date and let all of us know how it goes...if the pilot project's a success, I'll be there for the 2nd round. Good luck and have fun! :D

Guest StuckOnStupid

If anything is more sketch, its getting drunk w/ stranger WHILE its broad daylight (we're meeting at 1:45pm)

are you a 12 year old girl? man up, baloney-tits.

Guest StuckOnStupid

okay here's an idea....

lets do it in the distillery district. theres many spots to drink there, and also there is lileo to shop at, which is better than nomad in my opinion. not that im gonna buy shit, because i am fucking poor. but you know, for you kids. ill be the entertainment if everybody pitches in 10 bucks on some sneakers for me.

are you a 12 year old girl? man up, baloney-tits.

I have a feeling you're just wishing I was. 'Cause other than that, I have no idea where you got that from. And I apologize, I do not comprehend in the term "baloney-tits".

okay here's an idea....

lets do it in the distillery district. theres many spots to drink there, and also there is lileo to shop at, which is better than nomad in my opinion. not that im gonna buy shit, because i am fucking poor. but you know, for you kids. ill be the entertainment if everybody pitches in 10 bucks on some sneakers for me.

Sounds good, boss. Exact location / address?

Guest StuckOnStupid

http://toronto.ibegin.com/retail/lileo-

there too.

as i said, im not an avid shopper, but many of you are, and i find it weird that nobody ever talks about that place on here. i went once, and the fucking sales were insane. i bought some white vans slipons for 10 bucks...they had the nicest maharishi herringbone parka that was regular 700 bucks on sale for like 250...alife, J$, lotta kooky jewelry...their denim selection is quite nice as well, and the staff is cool and unpretentious. i like that it is off the beaten path as well. i saw dave grohl in their the night i bought those vans. i asked him to move out of the way cause he was monopolising a tshirt rack. he gave me the stink eye. fuck you dave grohl.

distillery is a bitch to get to via public transit for those coming in who might be unfamiliar with the system. also, drinking there is quite expensive.

...and theres no record stores.

Guest StuckOnStupid
distillery is a bitch to get to via public transit for those coming in who might be unfamiliar with the system. also, drinking there is quite expensive.

...and theres no record stores.

what? you take the king street car to parliament and walk a block. how the hell is that a bitch to get to?

whats with meeting up at stores? cant we just meet for drinks/food and maybe walk around and drop into some stores. shopping for limited denim with your online buddies is a line I dont want to cross. If I went into nomad with 12 of you guys i would never want to go back there again.

and SoS is the only guy comming up with decent ideas here:

distil is ok, but not too much their, too yuppie for me.

kensington might be ok to grab some food at a mexican place or torito.

the best idea i think is queen west, but not quite prkdale. just meet at a restaurant there and if you want you can walk from bathurst to ossington aprox and check out all the places. delphic is there, so is sydneys (band of outsiders, bespoke selvage denim) lots of cool furniture/clothes/other shops are there

terroni is good pizza

shanghai cowgirl is good burgers and has a back patio

epicure is also good burgers and has a good rooftop patio.

to be clear, i meant distillery would be a bitch for people unfamiliar with the area, being as how there are people coming from all over the GTA and further.

im within walking distance to anywhere so its no big deal for me.