axtsang

TORONTO Meetup

not yet, but it looks like back to work legislation could pass in the next day or two... it was tabled today.

i am torn about shipping my package today for fed ex rape fees, or sticking it out a day or two. balls.

superbeveridge, wouldnt mind giving your store a visit, probably will! leaving on next monday.

Anything else you guys know of within walking distance of UofT that I can check out? Thanks for the help!

check out Nomad on richmond for sure and then walk west along queen from Spadina. Lots of great shops and food... sydney's, klaxon howl, the other nomad, fred perry, oliver spencer, jonathan and olivia. all good spots for shopping.

hemingways has great wings and cheap beer, sneaky dees is a staple for beer and tex mex food and some decent shows.

best to avoid yonge st and queen between yonge and spadina... except for the silver snail if you like comics...

clopek.

meet up tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm sayin' Sake Sushi at Bloor and Christie is ideal. Place is dirt cheap/awesome

if you're in that area and you want the best, most authentic korean food you could possibly get (outside of hitting the damn peninsula), Buk Chang Dong Soon To Fu (the orange restaurant across the street from Clinton's) is a the goddamn Mecca of home-cooked Korean. Plus beer is like $3.50 a bottle. Highly recommend a look-out.

not yet, but it looks like back to work legislation could pass in the next day or two... it was tabled today.

Yeah lets hope so. I have so much in the mail including a TOJ and two tax refunds and this fucking mail strike is killing me.

yo i still haven't et at al elsador

i hate cilantro

will they throw me out if i get tacos without cilantro? :(

Haven't been there either, been meaning to go. +1 on hating cilatro though.

I think you should just mention it.

And while I love Sake Sushi, the best cheap sushi in the city is at Sushi Couture.

Anyone been to Hiro sushi on King? Probably my favourite sushi in the city *Waits to be yelled at by sushi experts*

if you're in that area and you want the best, most authentic korean food you could possibly get (outside of hitting the damn peninsula), Buk Chang Dong Soon To Fu (the orange restaurant across the street from Clinton's) is a the goddamn Mecca of home-cooked Korean. Plus beer is like $3.50 a bottle. Highly recommend a look-out.

buk chang is legit. i hit up the yonge one quite a bit. another good spot for korean around north york is Song Cook's @ yonge/steeles.. the place is kinda hidden in the plaza but it's amazingly clean (and they play movies on wall mounted LCDs) and the food is really good. super legit table top cooking.

Anyone been to Hiro sushi on King? Probably my favourite sushi in the city *Waits to be yelled at by sushi experts*

never tried hiro but i hear its decent.

i like zen in scarborough.. never disappointed by their omakase sushi. the place is more for sushi "purists" though. just super fresh fish flown from japan.

cafe michi is good too.. also went to kaji on my birthday and it was good but i'll never have to go to that place again.

if you're into beer, bar Volo (charles and yonge) has pretty amazing selection. Bier markt has good selection as well but it gets pretty crowded as its overexposed

I like Beer Bistro when it comes to stuff like that. Haven't been to Volo but Bistros patio is pretty cool and their selection is great. Plus their fries and mussels are good.

bier markt is in the yuppie douchebag capital of the world.

we just went to bar volo last night for the first time, had a tasting platter of 12 beers (would've been 14 but they were tapped out of 2)

would go again, would not order their shitty ploughman's again

geller sale, toronto knows first

2 geller seconds tanks, one in grey one in tu-tone purple-ish grey and lighter purplish-grey

size XL for sale $75 picked up

geller seconds terrycloth track pants size L for sale $135 picked up

geller flight pants cropped, size 50 for sale, minor catch in the material $135 picked up

make me some offers

if these prices are wonky compared to current market prices show me

I assume the Ploughman's is the charcuterie. Doob, I don't use MSN.

bier markt is in the yuppie douchebag capital of the world.

bier markt...had to eat there for a work thing the other day - burger was decent, but 25 bucks...fuck that shit, i'd rather have burger's priest

Burgers priest le me down. I'll give the secret menu a shot but if I'm driving that far for a burger I'll go to five guys.

i was so disappointed in burger's priest it's beyond description. fuck a secret menu, i'll get anything stockyards any day of the week

wow i'm surprised by both of those responses. priest blows stockyards out of the water

the flavour of their ground beef just doesn't hold a candle. I got their regular cheeseburger and found it totally lacklustre, almost devoid of flavour other than the (kinda shitty) toppings. Then I went back for the "Priest" , the mushroom on top of the cheeseburger. No surprise, all the flavour came from the mushroom, but little of it was good. Overwhelming black pepper, some gooey basic cheese and little else.

I haven't had the Vatican or whatever yet, but if they're still using their basic formula I'm not too interested.

Tried Allens though? Maybe I'm biased because I've been going there since I was a kid, but I've always loved Allens for burgers.

where's allens?

i hope they have a burger called allen's ginsburger

http://www.blogto.com/restaurants/allens

"The hamburgers at Allen’s are made using beef from Henry Trainor’s farm in Blackstock, Ontario, about an hour North East of the city. Every week Allen’s receives a steer from the farm and makes their burgers using that meat. That kind of quality control means that a nice, pink burger from Allen’s is going to be about as close to burger heaven as you can get."

I know numerous people that say Allens is the best burger in TO. As a burger aficionado, I'm surprised you haven't heard of it.

srslythosellmeyourflightpants