TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited) · Hidden by superbeveridge, April 8, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by superbeveridge, April 8, 2012 - No reason given

So here is something to kickstart this thread a little... I just landed a job at Harry Rosen. Anyone have any experience working there or know people who have worked there have any advice for me? It will certainly be change from wearing jeans and flannel every day to suits and ties.

Edited by superbeveridge
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, well in case you didn't know I work at Harry Rosen now. I just wanted everyone to know that we are on sale as of today. We have some great stuff up to 50% off with most being 25-30% off including some RRL. Shoot me a text with you details at 416-316-9555 if you are coming by and I'll set you up nicely.

• 4 weeks later...

hey i'm house-sitting out of etobicoke to, trying to get a 2 bedroom apartment downtown in september. every year i try to find a place to live, i'm more and more alienated by the exorbitant cost of living in toronto, yet when i walk downtown i see nothing but young people with their own dope-ass pads. is there something I'm doing wrong? I try to meet every landlord with a credit check form, reference letter from my employer, past landlord phone numbers, and first/last month cheques, and 9/10 I'm given the cold shoulder, or they've been taken up. i can't tell you how many viewings for places i've been to where someone in their mid-20's brought along their PARENTS(?!) for them to write a first/last cheque to their landlord. what the fuck?

tl dr; i'm jaded by landlord getting away with charging $1,000 a month to live in a closet and feeling more hopeless about being able to live in toronto during school.

• 2 weeks later...

hey i'm house-sitting out of etobicoke to, trying to get a 2 bedroom apartment downtown in september. every year i try to find a place to live, i'm more and more alienated by the exorbitant cost of living in toronto, yet when i walk downtown i see nothing but young people with their own dope-ass pads. is there something I'm doing wrong? I try to meet every landlord with a credit check form, reference letter from my employer, past landlord phone numbers, and first/last month cheques, and 9/10 I'm given the cold shoulder, or they've been taken up. i can't tell you how many viewings for places i've been to where someone in their mid-20's brought along their PARENTS(?!) for them to write a first/last cheque to their landlord. what the fuck?

tl dr; i'm jaded by landlord getting away with charging $1,000 a month to live in a closet and feeling more hopeless about being able to live in toronto during school.

my sister got a really nice condo to rent at king and spadina by writing a personal letter to the landlord explaining why she really wanted it / how the location would enhance her lifestyle / why she'd be a good tenant. she was competing with 6-7 other people/couples. give that a shot :)

Edited by TN_

what do you expect..... i bet 90% of the 20 something ppl u meet that live dt are living off their parents anyway... I have a hook up tho for my building by queen and bathurst tho, its like 850$ but still a shoebox, holla at me through pm

also sometimes you just have to go to buildings and knock on doors, lots of stuff is not even posted anyway

Edited by Walt Thizzney

i got a good spot just north of bloor on ossington, locked into a lease so shit is cheap, two roommates but they're buds so i dont care. was thinking about moving in the fall but honestly would rather not risk not finding a place. it's all luck, you gotta snap shit up quick if you find it.

found a nice place by dumb luck on the Danforth two weeks ago, just happened to see the sign for a place above a yoga studio. It was just what I was looking for... but was snapped up two days later. Should've been faster.

Now just waiting to hear back about a place right by Roncy/Queen. Not quite as nice, but the location works perfectly for my year. GF found the ad online and it looked sketch, with absolutely no interior shots, but it's fairly roomy given the location/price ratio, and all proper real wood floors.

I was in downtown a week or 2 back and planned my whole trip around this one place to eat.

At Gerrard/Bay, on Gerrard st west of Bay is a small little restaurant called Somethin 2 Talk About.

A blue/yellow painted (what looked like it use to be a townhouse or something) building. Looks old, looks worn down and has limited seating but, the food speaks for itself. Absolutely fresh, clean delicious and AMAAAZINGGG sandwiches.

Huge variety and selection. Italian inspired but with the chef's own touch. Definitely something unique, some of the best I've had in Toronto. Definitely top 3.

Only crappy thing is that its only open from 8-4.

• 3 weeks later...