TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

Man, they're selling for like $200/per ticket on Stubhub/Craigslist. I'm selling them for like $140/$150 a piece. Why would I sell for less when people are getting $200 or more a piece. Never intended on selling them in the first place but two friends bailed when the show got moved. Might as well get what I can for the tickets.

So far, I bought 4 of them off Ticketmaster, sold two of them right away to a friend, and then ended up buying two more tickets for $100 each for friends that ended up bailing. So, I'm trying to make a bit of profit off two overpriced tickets I bought and got stuck with.

^ Nope. I got my 4 tickets at 10am off Ticketmaster like everyone else. I'm actually trying to sell 2 of them now because I just had 2 friends bail.

I just love MOD club and I'm pissed they got swayed by a bunch of 15 year olds.

So far, I bought 4 of them off Ticketmaster, sold two of them, bought two more tickets for $100 each for friends that ended up bailing, so I'm trying to make a bit of profit off two overpriced tickets I bought and got stuck with.

the fuck? get yo story straight

i liked it when i met people off of here who were (and still are) rad and trying to hook up other homies. but i guess you weren't really around for the community building aspect of superfuture, probably because you're the type of guy who loves the mod club and ripping people off. but do what you gotta do, dog

i liked it when i met people off of here who were (and still are) rad and trying to hook up other homies. but i guess you weren't really around for the community building aspect of superfuture, probably because you're the type of guy who loves the mod club and ripping people off. but do what you gotta do, dog

mv6lah.gif

How many more tickets went up? That's crazy how fast they went

About 500.

Honestly, my take on this situation is that it really is a matter of Hypebeast-ery for those seeking tickets, myself included. I've been following Odd Future since last September (thanks Noz) and while I like them, and think they'll do interesting places, the interest is this concert is beyond levels of absurd. While the show may be fun, how many hip hop acts have been around for way longer, and are objectively way, way better live, let alone have very large catalogues of songs from which to draw from. For example, a ticket to see Mobb Deep in Oshawa or Hamilton was $17 back in 2006 (before P went to Jail). This was one of Hip Hop's greatest groups (albeit perhaps at an all time low in their careers) with 2-3 classic albums, and over 16 years of performance experience (though you probably couldn't pay to go to Oshawa, but still).

The attention that OF is getting has reached a level of self-perpetuation where people feel as though they are missing because of the amount of interest that they are getting, which just furthers the attention. Having tickets is an issue of being "in". People who never really fuck with harder hip hop are buying tickets because of the inflated value. The question is, when, if ever, will this bubble burst?

About 500.

Honestly, my take on this situation is that it really is a matter of Hypebeast-ery for those seeking tickets, myself included. I've been following Odd Future since last September (thanks Noz) and while I like them, and think they'll do interesting places, the interest is this concert is beyond levels of absurd. While the show may be fun, how many hip hop acts have been around for way longer, and are objectively way, way better live, let alone have very large catalogues of songs from which to draw from. For example, a ticket to see Mobb Deep in Oshawa or Hamilton was $17 back in 2006 (before P went to Jail). This was one of Hip Hop's greatest groups (albeit perhaps at an all time low in their careers) with 2-3 classic albums, and over 16 years of performance experience (though you probably couldn't pay to go to Oshawa, but still).

The attention that OF is getting has reached a level of self-perpetuation where people feel as though they are missing because of the amount of interest that they are getting, which just furthers the attention. Having tickets is an issue of being "in". People who never really fuck with harder hip hop are buying tickets because of the inflated value. The question is, when, if ever, will this bubble burst?

ima agree 98% with the extra 2% reserved toward the basis that the exact same thing which makes them fashionably unmissable, also makes them culturally important. if their sony deal goes through, and they actually end up with their own sub-label on the steam of a small tour that sold out based on internet hype alone, they are essentially setting such a huge precedent in the record industry when few people know how to navigate the industry in a time of really chaotic bullshit. and they are cashing in on the fact that essentially they just dont give a fuck. when i have reason to beleive that its a gimmick and they are actually being artificially inflated, i will call bullshit on them. but as of now, and as someone who doesnt think their actual music is all that spectacular, i love what theyve done for themselves. if they put out a solid record that held up to my retarded hip hop standards, or even just levelled out as passable rap, id go total nerd boner over their every move. like basically, i could care less if they put out nothing but garbage for the next year, but if that year is spent having the rest of the industry trying to figure out how to tame a crew of teenagers who could give a fuck less about the industry while making power moves in the market theyve make a mockery of, i support all that. its kind of a performance art meta-criticism about how shit rap has become. which is infintely smarter than any bullshit i, or any other asshole with a keyboard, can communicate to the world at large. so ima let them swag this shit the fuck out and hope they do it with a shred of integrity. theyre doing pretty good so far.

ok im drunk now but that is almost exactly the post i started to write 8 hours ago and gave up on. except i don't think that they are aware of the performance art aspect of it - as smart as those kids are, i don't by any means think they're dummies, but i also don't think that they're looking at it in that sense. they're just some kids making, basically, weird outsider art that just so happened to catch on because they were able to attach an image to it, that being the downtown la/skater/supreme label that is capable of catching the eye of the "tastemaker" kids who turn their friends on, and the cycle continues. it is huge that they got that label thing - it's a massive move in the industry, but these kids also are from what i understand being marketed/pushed by the same people who did the 50 cent push a few years ago, who are also the big interscope/eminem people, aka it's all under the same marketing banner and the dudes behind it are just great at understanding what's going to cash in at the time. gangster rap is out, weird teenagers rapping like cage is in. fuck the music industry, fuck a record deal, fuck you, i'm out

^ Nope. I got my 4 tickets at 10am off Ticketmaster like everyone else. I'm actually trying to sell 2 of them now because I just had 2 friends bail.

I just love MOD club and I'm pissed they got swayed by a bunch of 15 year olds.

what makes you better than those 15 year olds? you still buy all your fashion/oddfuture tickets/cigars to smoke in fb profile pictures with your mommy and daddy's money (actually, now that i think of it, that fact alone makes your ticket-peddling attempt a crock of shit)

never before have i experienced wind that actually blew me around. i almost got pushed into traffic today. fuck you, queen's quay

Went through the same ordeal today. I was almost certain an election sign would come free from the ground and become a flying projectile

Went through the same ordeal today. I was almost certain an election sign would come free from the ground and become a flying projectile

Would have given substantive ground to yell "Conservatives kill" all over the city. ;P

what makes you better than those 15 year olds? you still buy all your fashion/oddfuture tickets/cigars to smoke in fb profile pictures with your mommy and daddy's money (actually, now that i think of it, that fact alone makes your ticket-peddling attempt a crock of shit)

Not sure if it waht he meant but at my age, I'd be quite sad/pissed to learn that the crowd at the night out/concert I'm going to is consisting of 15 y.o. There's no judgment of "betterness" there, it's just a different mindset for the night altogether.

Motoretta is doing 25% off all Filson bags this weekend. We have some small duffles, some medium field bags and some large briefcases. We have several of the colours in each bag.

We are also doing 25% off all our Fred Perry and Ben Sherman for the weekend.

I think what odd future is really capitalizing is following a group and being a fan of them. I think people should listen to the music and see what the group puts out and see if they enjoy it for what it is. It's refreshing when you see a groups fans aren't fuckin so easily jaded and just have fun following artists they like.

In rap 'selling out' was never really a problem, but its good to see a group with indie sensibilities 'blow up' so to speak. Whether this lasts or not remains to be seen but these kids are young as fuck.

That being said I'd be really hyped to see WAKA live. I doubt that shit will even sell out or ever hit toronto in the near future but yelling waka is mad fun