TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

bier markt is in the yuppie douchebag capital of the world.

we just went to bar volo last night for the first time, had a tasting platter of 12 beers (would've been 14 but they were tapped out of 2)

would go again, would not order their shitty ploughman's again

geller sale, toronto knows first

2 geller seconds tanks, one in grey one in tu-tone purple-ish grey and lighter purplish-grey

size XL for sale $75 picked up

geller seconds terrycloth track pants size L for sale $135 picked up

geller flight pants cropped, size 50 for sale, minor catch in the material $135 picked up

make me some offers

if these prices are wonky compared to current market prices show me

the flavour of their ground beef just doesn't hold a candle. I got their regular cheeseburger and found it totally lacklustre, almost devoid of flavour other than the (kinda shitty) toppings. Then I went back for the "Priest" , the mushroom on top of the cheeseburger. No surprise, all the flavour came from the mushroom, but little of it was good. Overwhelming black pepper, some gooey basic cheese and little else.

I haven't had the Vatican or whatever yet, but if they're still using their basic formula I'm not too interested.

http://www.blogto.com/restaurants/allens

"The hamburgers at Allen’s are made using beef from Henry Trainor’s farm in Blackstock, Ontario, about an hour North East of the city. Every week Allen’s receives a steer from the farm and makes their burgers using that meat. That kind of quality control means that a nice, pink burger from Allen’s is going to be about as close to burger heaven as you can get."

I know numerous people that say Allens is the best burger in TO. As a burger aficionado, I'm surprised you haven't heard of it.

srslythosellmeyourflightpants

i will sell you them

there's a little tiny catch in the fabric, hence the low low price. i'll put up some pics later.

also, fun story about blackstock:

i went to Mac with a kid from blackstock, his name was blake. he told me a lot of stories about drunk driving and stealing cars from junkyards and shooting at them and shit like that. standard hick shit.

then i was in a dentist's office one day and i read a Macleans article about these two kids from Blackstock who, up until high school, were kept in cages by their parents. they went to school with other kids, but when they came home they were forbidden from urinating or defecating, they were denied meals, and they slept in cribs with locked cages over top.

after this all finally came out and the children removed from the home, they recounted horrifying stories of abuse. one of them was terrified of lightning, so his parents would throw him out during storms and lock him outside until morning. if they defecated in their cages they were horribly beaten, so they frequently had to eat their feces to avoid beatings. awful, cruel, evil shit.

I got back from the dentist and told Blake about what I'd read. He said "Oh yeah, I remember that. I went to highschool with them. We kinda picked on them a lot cuz they were fucking weirdos."

That was all he had to say. He didn't really believe the extent of the abuse when I told him about the article.

http://newsdurhamregion.com/article/22373

(I can't find the original but here's one)

allens is a pretty good burger. now allens calamari.. thats some shit

they also have one of the best patios around

Yeah, I like Allen's...I'm just rarely on the Danforth.

Great patio, solid beer selection, awesome burgers.

Just an FYI. There is one more pair of white achilles low size 44 at holts (bloor) on sale for $259. There are also a couple of pairs of brown cap toes ($259)and one pair of CP black oxfords size 45 ($329).

Okay. So i went to Burger's Priest tonight. Was pretty good. Definitely one of the best I've had in the city.

Guess I'll need the 6x6 next time.

I want those Unis shorts from Nomad, Im just so lazy though.

N caps, no. Marcello's, maybe. Call Queen -- I'm off today.

Stan, come visit. Miss you homie. (3)

Edit: might have the N caps but there's maybe one size left in them. All of our hats have been $25 for the last two months though.

If you had exactly 1 day to yourself in Toronto and wanted to spoil yourself absolutely rotten with price being no object, what is the absolute pinnacle of ballin ass alone time you could get up to in this city?