TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

Hey Guys, I was wondering where I can get a hem on a pair of PBJs? I know that Sydney's chainstitch machine is broken, but does anyone know of any places that are relatively cheap and good?

Haha according to Sydney a couple weeks ago, he sold his chain stitch machine because he was tired dealing with 16 year old hipsters that like to talk but don't have much sense... he used stronger words. Pretty sure Matt at Klaxon Howl is the only person in the city that will do chain stitching and it would take a couple weeks.

^ Fuck. That sucks. That means I need to find a new place to get my denim done then...

Also, apparently The Drake does chicken & waffles? I didn't know but this girl told me tonight and we're going tomorrow. Will report back.

drake chicken and waffles is all waffle and no chicken, still good if you can get a patio seat to take the edge off. i once at three plates of them to combat an epic hangover. that posted pho list is fucking poop. thang tien at 6? bitch please. golden turtle gets way too much love. its mediocre on its best day. the broth has, like, 0 fat content. i dont why the food media illuminati of toronto has such a hard on for it. theres 20 better places in the ossing/lansdowne area (AKA pho district)

Thang Tien should be top 3. There's also no Scarborough(Brimley) Pho joints there.

Pre fuck you to Clopek because he doesn't fuck with Pho that has cilantro. (=

im an uptown kid and the pho downtown is almost always better

but that might be cause whenever i have pho downtown its after drinking

Hit me up. He arrives 6:30 -- maybe take the streetcar down and we'll walk to Porchetta, grab some booze, go to the park, circle-jerk, etc. I'm on Queen btw.

And then we can go to What's Poppin' Wednesdays at sneaky dee's for cwg action. (7)

Party Invitation!

Hey everyone. This a is a little late but Motoretta is having a re-launch/customer appreciation party Wednesday May 25th at 6pm.

Everyone is invited just send an email to [email protected] to RSVP and I will add you to the list.

There will be free drinks and catered food and some sweet discounts on clothing and accessories.

Yo guys. RE: Vibram in Toronto

I got word from the guy that told me and he said that the place that will do it is at Dupont and Davenport at a place called "Nicks"

Nicks is the best place to get your soles done. He doesn't always have a huge variety of vibram soles but he has the standards. Super high quality workmanship though.

Went to Nicks last week to get my crepe sole Quoddy's resoled with vibram soles. He was really nice and called Quoddy while I was there to see what was required to do this job. After talking with Quoddy for a good 10 minutes, he told me that it would cost atleast $150 to do. Nick actually recommended that I just send it back to Quoddy since he heard that Quoddy charges only $50 for this job. So that is what I did. I had a very pleasant experience even though I didn't end up getting my boots altered there. Will definitely come here for my next shoe repair.