TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

nah it's that new broad they brought in apparently she's some "retail superstar"

It's actually Brian. When he's buying she is there for oversight but he calls all the pulls and while I'm sure she controls the budget he has a LOT of cash to throw around. He is firmly at the helm of the menswear dept.

I think people are going to be impressed. He is NOT fucking around with these buys, big pulls with good representation.

Went in today and peeped what they got. Their Geller is a little more expensive than what we have. Nothing outrageous price wise.

From what I saw I don't know how well that stuff is going to appeal to their customers. It is a little weird to have that section surrounded by the 30% and 40% tags everywhere. I'm pretty sure they'll move it but almost strictly on sale. Not a huge Dickpwnz fan but the leather/denim jacket is dope. Would cop at 40% of 995. And dude that wasn't working wasn't very helpful at all. Didn't even acknowledge me trying shit on or say hi. Hurt my feelings. (8)

Long story short it was nice today and I ate away the retail rejection with ice cream and retail therapy.

The guys that work there look like parkdale hipster trash (no offense y'all), but they seem friendly enough, even if they know virtually nothing about the stuff they're selling.

The Dick Jr. stuff was meh...there were maybe 10 items in total. Not sure why they mix Converse and cheap shit like that in with it...just makes it look overpriced to the common folk.

Anyway...agree with ^^ that I'll be looking forward to the sales when they hit...the only thing reliable at the Bay is a good discount.

does hbc card work for discounts?

if prices arent cheaper i would much rather support the independent stores or buy online

best place to get jeans hemmed? want more of a specialty place rather than my local seamstress

I imagine so. If you're really creative, you could use your airmiles for HBC giftcards. Play on playa.

i'd totally grab one of those HBC credit cards and rewards cards if they'd let me use them for discounts/redemption

another note, tried on the W+H large loop terry crewneck at nomad and was sick... price was kinda steep so didnt decide yet ><"

random but does anyone know a place to get those cheap plastic animal masks in the city?

edit: holla at you tomorrow xewo

Probably just try like....big dollar stores or a couple costume stores. If you don't need it any time soon just get it shipped in, otherwise, start hitting up big dollar stores. Or uhh...go to Toys R Us and places like that to see if they have a costume section.

A majority of those items at the Bay will sit. I pass through there almost everyday, since I work in the neighbouring building. Everything that has been there since they first started stocking is still there.

I'll wait for the sale signs to pop up before I pick up anything there.

The Asian dude that works there is annoying.

random but does anyone know a place to get those cheap plastic animal masks in the city?

edit: holla at you tomorrow xewo

Check out the costume shop just south along Yonge

Ganesh Enterprises Theatrics Plus

Small store but carries a whole lot of good costume related stuff

If anyone needs Dayton boots, they're offering $125 off their boots until April13th. Service boots are included ($400). $15 topy if you want it.

They are essentially the W+H Boots minus distressing.

Pretty good deal. They take phone orders, or that's what I found to be the easiest. Turn around on them is 4-6weeks though.

If anyone needs Dayton boots, they're offering $125 off their boots until April13th. Service boots are included ($400). $15 topy if you want it.

They are essentially the W+H Boots minus distressing.

Pretty good deal. They take phone orders, or that's what I found to be the easiest. Turn around on them is 4-6weeks though.

i can never seem to find the service boots online to see what they look like sans distressing are they hidden somewhere on their site?