TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

Dawg I don't floss with Mayor Ford by any stretch of the imagination, but removing magazines, with a photoshop of the mayor nude on the front cover, from city property, is not much of a breach of free expression. From time to time I see a cogent and reasonable critique of the man or his policies, but so long as Now and it's contemporaries define the tone of twentysomething dissenters as left of far-left and juvenile as internet comments, I will continue to find it difficult to throw in with them.

Now is now, and for as long as I've been reading in cafeterias and streetcars, always has been, a shit magazine. It's doubly shitty when aspires to punditry.

i think the legs this story got through facebook has people thinking hes trying to shut down now, when really hes just havign it removed from city operated spaces, which really cant be confused as breach of free expression by anyone with a shard of competence.

im not a ford fan either, but like most ford-dissenters, i was too busy on election day oiling my bike chain or relacing my tennis shoes, to actually go out and vote for the other guy. i still marched down queen street in organic hemp capris telling everyone else not vote for him, though. then i ate a burrito. so ive done my part to combat free-rag tyranny.

dear rob ford: i kinda like you, in a lot of ways. largely because i hate streetcars. but do you really think cleaning up all the graffiti murals on queen west will balance the budget? sincerely, puzzled clopek.

My issue is that NOW's cover story was pretty horribly written and the photoshops were awful and childish but that's not the whole magazine. Whatever happened to defamation of character lawsuits?

dear rob ford: i kinda like you, in a lot of ways. largely because i hate streetcars. but do you really think cleaning up all the graffiti murals on queen west will balance the budget? sincerely, puzzled clopek.

yeah seriously even shitty graffiti looks better than those awful grey blobs

The graffiti thing will never go down. Some people from brickworks are trying to find a loophole around the bylaw right now so they can preserve some murals and the integrity of some of the remaining walls on the property.

It's also a shitty initiative in that the city would expect property owners to pay to have graffitti removed from their homes as a quality of life standard, which gets tricky when you consider Graf is most prevalent in lower income zones where people have more pertinent things to put money towards. That whole thing opens up a quality of life can of worms in that if the city were actually doing it's job instead wasting time on shitty campaigns like anti graffiti, the people of these neighborhood might actually have a quality of life they'd like to uphold.

The graffiti thing will never go down. Some people from brickworks are trying to find a loophole around the bylaw right now so they can preserve some murals and the integrity of some of the remaining walls on the property.

It's also a shitty initiative in that the city would expect property owners to pay to have graffitti removed from their homes as a quality of life standard, which gets tricky when you consider Graf is most prevalent in lower income zones where people have more pertinent things to put money towards. That whole thing opens up a quality of life can of worms in that if the city were actually doing it's job instead wasting time on shitty campaigns like anti graffiti, the people of these neighborhood might actually have a quality of life they'd like to uphold.

Ford has been reading the classics:

http://www.amazon.com/Fixing-Broken-Windows-Restoring-Communities/dp/0684837382

Just calling it like it is: not really warm out.

Also, speaking of NOW, I saw an ad in the Rob Ford Nudez issue for The Bay's new designer menswear buy, including brands like BoO, Drkshdw, OC, Klaxion Howl, etc.

Kinda strange, but good looks for all involved in a way. Sales might be good, too.

Go Jays Go!

and i'm definitely happy the weather will get nicer

spring in Toronto produces the happiest people....no more winter, weather is getting better

by summer, they're sick of the heat / humidity and back to being assholes

That's my Toronto

Just calling it like it is: not really warm out.

Also, speaking of NOW, I saw an ad in the Rob Ford Nudez issue for The Bay's new designer menswear buy, including brands like BoO, Drkshdw, OC, Klaxion Howl, etc.

Kinda strange, but good looks for all involved in a way. Sales might be good, too.

SI shadow project, surface to air and porter as well. did not expect that

@jay: i think brians actually responsible for that lineup of brands. hes still working with wings, i think, but the bay brought him on to really up their game. i remember when they said they were gonna go after the holts crowd and i didnt really see any shift in product and figured they were bluffing, but after bry got on, i knew it was gonna pick up and get real.

@jay: i think brians actually responsible for that lineup of brands. hes still working with wings, i think, but the bay brought him on to really up their game. i remember when they said they were gonna go after the holts crowd and i didnt really see any shift in product and figured they were bluffing, but after bry got on, i knew it was gonna pick up and get real.

nah it's that new broad they brought in apparently she's some "retail superstar"