TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

@shopace - I was quoted 500 all in for a pair of mykitas at chinatown optical this afternoon after a bit of bargaining. Also, Gafas is having a 50% off lens sale so a pair of mykitas there will run you just over 6 and you can probably talk them down to 6 flat. I ended up going with these - http://www.saltoptics.com/detail.php?id=109&pageindex=29&categoryid=1&orderby=4

@shopace - I was quoted 500 all in for a pair of mykitas at chinatown optical this afternoon after a bit of bargaining. Also, Gafas is having a 50% off lens sale so a pair of mykitas there will run you just over 6 and you can probably talk them down to 6 flat. I ended up going with these - http://www.saltoptics.com/detail.php?id=109&pageindex=29&categoryid=1&orderby=4

Much appreciated js, +rep, I actually ended up @gafas a couple days ago and just grabbed them right then and there, I'd been having some trouble finding the model/color I was looking for, nice ollies btw.

i got them at gafas. they've got the entire line. chinatown optical also has them for a bit cheaper... but they haven't got much selection and the lenses they use are much lower quality than the goya's and nikon's they use at gafas.

I was very surprised at the selection here, every brand they carry had tons of models to try on, the back room is pretty nice to chill and think about your choices and the owner was pretty cool and wasn't pushy or anything, although he did convince me to go with the hoya bulletproof lenses , so ended up around 650 but I've heard the mykitas frame design is prone to having the lenses chip at the edges so should be worth it.

I would look @ ic!Berlin instead of Mykita... btw.. go check out pacific mall..

I use to work @ optical 88 and I know frame and lens for Mykita could be had for around $400...

Thanks man, I actually did look at ic berlin and almost bought some a couple weeks ago but in the end I couldnt get over the fork-like hinge part of the frame and imho the mykita just seems like a more polished/refined and not so flashy ic berlin-like frame design.

anyone know when the Nomad sale runs till? Is it on at both locations?

Is everything open tomorrow (Sunday)?

Late response but the sale is indefinite; almost all of the apparel is 50% off. There's a couple of Junya jackets in larger sizes and a decent amount of Geller in random sizes at Richmond.

Also, because NDG is clearing out, we bought out a good portion of their extra stock from previous seasons. It should be coming in early Feb. and will more than likely be reduced immediately.

Late response but the sale is indefinite; almost all of the apparel is 50% off. There's a couple of Junya jackets in larger sizes and a decent amount of Geller in random sizes at Richmond.

Also, because NDG is clearing out, we bought out a good portion of their extra stock from previous seasons. It should be coming in early Feb. and will more than likely be reduced immediately.

Thanks for the heads up about NDG. Keep us updated when they come in.

Any Torontonians looking for a Canon T2i?

Shoot beautiful trailers and the films they represent in High Definition! http://vimeo.com/17503187

Overcrank to 60FPS for seamless slow motion. Impress your clients! This thing will pay for itself.

Never before have your drunken nights out looked so cinematic. http://vimeo.com/15551592 - and it even takes pictures!

Pristine condition, includes 16GB memory, additional battery, all packaging and documentation, still safely under warranty. Also included is the 24hr HBlack support hotline (an invaluable asset). Message me for details folks

haven't been downtown in a while but i hit up the hoof cafe for brunch.. suckling eggs ben & tongue sandwich are tasty as fuq

also went to nomad.. the sale's been pretty picked apart at queen but there's still some good deals to be had. thanks xewo for the help. woulda said sup but decided against it so i didnt have to explain to my friend what sufu b

Conan from back in the day? Ordering fruit salad Conan?

Hi.

Edit: NDG shipment came in but I haven't had a chance to take a look at what was there. I was told some denimz, denim jacketz, beltz, veztz, field jacketz(camo).