TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

no duties on made in USA products

Broke down and bought the Indy boots I tried on the other day at Nomad. The guy gave me 10% off for having to wait while he rung out another dude which made them $100 bucks cheaper if I were to buy them online and pay for shipping and duties from the states.

http://www.thestar.com/article/896077--von-hahn-menswear-is-outdoing-womenswear-on-the-style-front

decent article about the resurgence of menswear shops in Toronto... oddly enough Nomad is not mentioned.

The random discounts are one of the best things about Nomad. I remember buying a pair of APCs and for no apparent reason they said they weren't going to charge me any tax.

I've bought lots of stuff from nomad and I dont think I've ever paid full retail +tax on a single item, it's always been either no tax or 15-20% off, I wish they'd do something like a 40-50 off junya though :)

oh ok

i'm on my third incase slider.. first one was normal grey plastic (scratched to shit), second was black matte (matte started peeling off) and this third is a white glossy fragment incase

i wouldn't be able to deal with a leather foldy.. if you put it in your pocket i imagine it's too much bulk. the incases aren't exactly thin though. bought my first two from apple store. i dropped my phone many a time and the incase have kept it in good shape

(probably didn't help you at all lol)

Nah, I would go to Sandal Man, not Kim.

http://www.sandalman.com/repairs.html

Thanks. Yeah I wouldn't go to Kim, I actually haven't been very happy with the tailoring I've received there lately.

Might be screwed, as it's a rip right near the right pocket. I'll still get it fixed to use as a beater, but now I'm in the market for a new one.

fuck iphones, fuck rogers, fuck apple, and fuck all of you

some faggot stole my phone on friday and changed my apple and gmail passwords (fixed that shit though)

after spending like 2 weeks in august/september trying to get an iphone 4 i gave up, but now i actually need the upgrade

went to apple store figuring its been fucking almost 6 months, but they won't do hardware upgrades unless i go wait in line at 9 am to make an appointment to wait in another line (fuck that) and rogers/best buy/future shop etc don't have any phones, still

fuck all these dicks i'm cancelling my shit and getting a burner

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck yoooooooooooou

out of town.

sean: i feel ya, brah. if fido hadnt thrown me the iphone 4 on the cuff, id probably have reverted back to smoke signals. cell phone companies are a notch below child molestors in my eyes, right next to cab drivers and halifamous. the worst!

I found a pair of Paul Smith specs that I loved at Spectacle on Queen who quoted me $800 with lenses. Found an optometrist in the college park shops who carry Oliver Peoples and Paul Smith and ordered them from there. Ended up costing $345 after their student discount.

Yeah, Spectacle is outrageous. Both their frames and lenses are fuckin' pricey.

Yeah, Spectacle is outrageous. Both their frames and lenses are fuckin' pricey.

I feel bad too because the staff is generally super nice and helpful and didn't pressure me at all last time I was in there. But then yeah, outta nowhere shit started costing like $700 bucks.

Gonna check out a few stores, mostly lookin' at Oliver People's and Paul Smith though idk if they'll have any frames I like small enough to fit my bean-head (well, big head, small face). I'll get the lenses done through my optometrist.

I considered trying and buying online but what are some good sites? PopularGlasses looks sketch as fuck. Any recommendations?