TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

Is that actually a law? Or just something restaurants do to protect themselves? Because certain places cook your burger medium rare (Harbord Room, Allen's).

Burgers aren't meant to be cooked well done imho. Neither are steaks. It's hard for me to take a place like Burger Bar in Kensington seriously when they are overcooking all their meat.

i can't stand dufflet cakes. i find they taste like mcains. got to All the Best Fine Foods for a cake. I used to work there and the cakes are fantastic.

Personally I've never tried it as I dont like the sweets, but my wife loves dufflet.

Have to try some of those burger joints mentioned though.

Anybody know if Nomad thanksgiving sale is still on, and whats actually on sale?

that sale is advertised as done, but chances are they still have some marked down items

i think you'd have to go in and see for yourself tbh

cheap plug - buy my car! still for sale :(:(

i just went around toronto and compiled a list of good stores. anyone mind telling me if i missed anything?

johnathon + olivia

nomad

upc

sydney's

serpentine

uncle otis

ruins

jacflash

klaxon howl

delphic

carte blanche

lileo

carbon

next door

robber (mostly womens?)

tnt blu

denim

over the rainbow

showroom (ugh)

shoes

get outside shoes

goodfoot

hypebeastier shit

lavish and squalor

adrift

livestock/deadstock? (dunno what they call it)

ransom (the one next to nomad that's not goodfoot right?)

c-apsule

overpriced

holt renfrew

boomer

gotstyle

womens only

r.a.d.

119corbo

the narwhal

hasn't goodfoot not existed for a while?

last time i went in some guy was trying to sell polo button ups for like 40 bucks and shit, with all that snapback/old school sports shit too. it was lame i thought it was gonna be a bar. he was not amused when my friend asked him if it was a bar.

it is a bar now. the clothing in the window is just a front. there was an article on blogto about it. http://www.blogto.com/bars/goodnight-bar-toronto. kind an odd format. don't know too many people who will go to a bar where they have to make a reservation. i am sure it will get some hype for a while but i'd imagine people will just not be bothered and wander down to whatever else is open.

on the note of nomad, isn't this the dude that worked/works there?

http://www.selectism.com/news/2010/10/20/lanvin-burnout-sweater/

add Harry Rosen to "overpriced" as well

hypebeast store is called "livestock"

and Ransom / Stussy is above Nomad

Other streetwear stores:

The Vault out in Vaughn

iD (beaches area)

Stolen Riches

Cartel

there's also Get Outside

and probably some in this list that i missed

http://niketalk.yuku.com/topic/88014/t/Official-TORONTO-Outlet-Store-Report-Thread.html

i'm a manager at motoretta on college. we still sell some ben sherman but i think it has become a little too deushy (sp?). we still rock a lot of fred perry though (our parent company distributes them as well as many other brands. i just want to get some new brands into the store so if i can get rid of ben sherman i have room for something different. not sure what though yet.

look out for the new oliver spencer store opening in the next couple weeks. right between Ruins and the Fred Perry store.

on that note, i have like 30 fred perry polo's i want to get rid of if anyone is interested. most are sized large, some xl. $30 bucks a piece. i'll start a sales thread tonight.