TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

If anybody is looking to buy a car (or knows somebody that is), i'm selling my baby

(info here)

Don't want to start a marketplace thread as this is pretty much a toronto only sale

oh word?

10char

The problem with Oh Boy and BQM is that they cook their burgers well done. Burgers should be medium or medium rare. I actually had a really bad burger at Oh Boy - the bun was cold and generic, the bun is pivotal to a good burger.

Harbord Room has the best burger I've had in Toronto. Allens on the Danforth also has a really good one. Le Select has a good lamb burger.

Beyond that, if you want cheap, people seem to like Dangerous Dan's on Queen East. Some people also dig Craft Burger on King West.

And here's BlogTO's opinion: http://www.blogto.com/toronto/the_best_burger_in_toronto/

That's all I got.

if its like 4am, just stumble over to the Lakeview

mind you, i only have their food at that time of night, so i'm not sure i'm all there (mentally) to be able to rate it accurately

if its like 4am, just stumble over to the Lakeview

mind you, i only have their food at that time of night, so i'm not sure i'm all there (mentally) to be able to rate it accurately

There is nothing special about their burger. Good for drunken chowing down though.

so many burgers

no one eats cake? cupcakes? none of that $10 vegan cupcakes bs

The best I have ever eaten is at a place in Mississauga ( technically Streetsville) called Swirls

They make everything from scratch from the best ingredients and they dont use shitloads of sugar. You can down like 4-5 of them and not have a queasy stomach, and they are reasonably priced.

I liked them so much I had the owner make a wedding cake and matching mini cupakes for my wedding recently. Everyone cleaned me out, not a single one was left over.

There is nothing special about their burger. Good for drunken chowing down though.

haha figured as much

It seems that when i go out (in Toronto), i don't get fancy burgers. Anybody ever had the $40 burger from Czehoski?

btw, on a sidenote

you'll be missed, Cito

9fe619ac445485021c5772a99289.jpeg

I'm a fan of Dangerous Dan's. I personally think that burgers should be medium, because that leaves them still slightly pink, but not disintegrating in my hands, which I find very annoying.

That said, apparently Lee has a pretty incredible burger, which I'm planning to try at some point.

To be honest though, I think non-fast food burgers are kind of silly. I've had plenty of gourmet ones (Note Bene, etc.) but they are really as interesting as other items on these types of menus. I eat fast food-ish burgers all the time. If I am paying $20 for a main, I'd rather it be something more interesting.

I've had the lessor expensive Czechoski burger. I remember it being good, in that kind of juicy, boutique beef kind of way.

Yeah, I think the most anyone should pay for a burger plus side is 20 bucks.

The burger at Harbord Room fits that bill and they also make their own condiments (mayo and ketchup) which adds to it. I had it with a pint on their back patio - good casual dinner.