axtsang

i went by the J+O warehouse sale yesterday at 5:30pm cause i was in the area

just to see what was left

everything was 50% off the warehouse price

couple of geller ribbed shirts

couple of engineered garments pieces

lots of shorts

in the end, nothing of interest

they had these Rachel Comey's for $20 / pair (down from $450 lol)

probably check out the j'in o sale today. ive actually only been in there once before and it seemed kinda gay all i really remember is the justice x surface 2 air jackets, hilarious.

nesk, there is plenty going on. come shoot hoops with me and wildsteve

Quoting because it needed quoting.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any ways of getting regular exercise in Toronto, through the winter? Apparently it's going to solve all the problems of my life, according to my doctor.

EDIT: I might start going to Toronto BJJ since it's so close to my house. However paying $900 a year when I have free gym membership at UofT seems steep. Hmmm.

based on personal experience:

probably not the annex... even if you find good rent, the cost of living is gonna be more expensive. and bloor in general is not a great street for bars, etc. but it's not a bad location by any means.

kensington area & west are decent, price wise, but the closer you are to spadina, the more likely you'll have bugs or mice or something. just gotta inspect shit carefully...

dundas west is also good, and if you have metropass or can afford one, places around ossington --> dufferin are generally nicer inside for less of a price than the more eastern locations.

if you wanna go east, you gotta start dealing w/ sherbourne and those streets. personally, i'm okay w/ a bit of grunge, but st. james town, etc., is pushing it...

Why in the fragrant hell in Leatherface playing at Wrongbar?

haha pesci loves wrongbar

they're playing (i think with fucked up) at some dinky spot in st catharines or something like that. i kind of wanna road trip it for that one, kinda.

based on personal experience:

probably not the annex... even if you find good rent, the cost of living is gonna be more expensive. and bloor in general is not a great street for bars, etc. but it's not a bad location by any means.

kensington area & west are decent, price wise, but the closer you are to spadina, the more likely you'll have bugs or mice or something. just gotta inspect shit carefully...

dundas west is also good, and if you have metropass or can afford one, places around ossington --> dufferin are generally nicer inside for less of a price than the more eastern locations.

if you wanna go east, you gotta start dealing w/ sherbourne and those streets. personally, i'm okay w/ a bit of grunge, but st. james town, etc., is pushing it...

Sweet thanks, yeah i got friends who live on sherbourne (hella hyphy lives around there and his place isnt bad) and while i would be down to move there if it came to it I dont really wanna fuck with it if theres a better alternative.. But yeah, I was really lookin at dufferin and queen/king pretty closely

One thing to take into consideration: Living close to wherever you have to commute to till actually affect your life more than anything. Apparently every ten minutes your commute takes, you lose 10% of your social life. Also, living on a quiet street subconsciously reduces stress. [/psychology]

That said: The Annex is very nice and safe, but stay away from any of the areas close to UofT. They are all overpriced because there are tens of thousands of students trying to live around there so the rent is inflated. Kensington is a nice hood to live in, though a bit barren transportation-wise (fuck street cars). I live at Bloor and Christie and love it, though my rent ain't that cheap ($1400 for two bedrooms) but it does feel like two one bedroom apartments with a shared kitchen and living room. The area is great for transportation, food, and quietness.

I like Dundas, Bloor, and College west of Ossington a lot. You get decent rent, nice neighborhoods, and good bars. However, it is kinda far from anything really downtown (universities, jobs, etc.)