TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

the "item" seem soo mysterious from reading your post hahah may i ask what is said "item" ?

and zebby is the owner.

The item I want isnt on sale, never has and they say it never will, so that's why I asked......

Weird thing is I already bought one there and got a nice albeit modest discount just by asking the guy that helped me out eventhough it wasnt on sale.

But about a month later when I wanted to get the same item in a different color they said no discount, was a different guy though and I didnt wanna be a dick about it so I never mentioned the previous discount I got,,,, so then I just asked if it would ever go on sale and got another resounding NO, just weird imo, since the first one I got is actually harder to get then the ones I want now, I was actually expecting to get a better discount on these second ones and turns out I get nothing ;-(

btw- Who's Zeb??? and thanks for the reply.....

handjobs = discount.

also, klaxon howl is the shit right now. i was hating for the past 4 years, but i am in love at this moment.

rocky, youre the man. ramon, cut your fucking hair. stephen and sean, get at me! rathbone, yous my nigga. antoinio, we down.

fools need to come out west for a minute. we got recession proof jawnz like whoa.

also, klaxon howl is the shit right now. i was hating for the past 4 years, but i am in love at this moment.

How so? Been meaning to check out the new location, but since I've been so overwhelmed by Klaxon the past two years, I haven't bothered.

the new shirts are just so kick-ass. i guess i wasnt into them because the prices on the vintage gear has always been absurd. but his line is killing it and the new store is fucking cool. i fully retract all the negative things i ever said about klaxon, but i wont be dropping $700 there on boots i can get at a flea market for $15 anytime soon, kna'meen?

Dunks? Got a picture?
He's talking about the Wings & Horns Dayton Service Boots.

Yeah, I wish those would go on sale.

@HP, what he said ^^^, and here's a quick pic.....

@Zimm, best I could get was 20 and 25, not bad but was hopping to get a bit more, still totally worth it though, the construction quality and the leathers used in these boots are just amazing, best I've ever seen or felt imho......

@Nesk, thanks for the tip, never heard of Klaxon Howl but I'll be checking them out this weekend for sure.......

DSC00086.jpg

Anyone ever order from gravitypope.com? I was looking for good online shops which ship from Canada and stumbled across it the other day. Canadian store which carries some good collections. Has some pretty sweet deals on right now. Thinking of ordering some w+h sneakers or a chunky ndg cardi... want to know if anyone on here has any experience with these guys?

Anyone ever order from gravitypope.com? I was looking for good online shops which ship from Canada and stumbled across it the other day. Canadian store which carries some good collections. Has some pretty sweet deals on right now. Thinking of ordering some w+h sneakers or a chunky ndg cardi... want to know if anyone on here has any experience with these guys?

ryan from hyr is always raving about GP. Solid service as far as I know.

@HP, what he said ^^^, and here's a quick pic.....

@Zimm, best I could get was 20 and 25, not bad but was hopping to get a bit more, still totally worth it though, the construction quality and the leathers used in these boots are just amazing, best I've ever seen or felt imho......

@Nesk, thanks for the tip, never heard of Klaxon Howl but I'll be checking them out this weekend for sure.......

DSC00086.jpg

those look unDSed.. maybe u should've asked for a bigger discount

so you got 2 pairs of the same boots but in a different colour?

cool

i personally like the brown more

When I first saw them, I really liked both of them but was immediately drawn by the brown pair and just bought those, then over time and after seeing the black pair several times irl and pictures they really, really grew on me to the point where I also had to have them, now I love them both about the same although the brown does offer more versatility, but the black also look way nicer irl than in any pictures I've seen, I guess nubuck is just harder to capture well in pictures.

hey guys, I'm starting to look at fall purchases, but being from the west coast, I have no idea what a person actually needs to survive the winter here. will a pair of red wings cut it for footwear? what kind of coat and boots do i really need if i don't want to freeze?

well if you live in the city red wings will be more than enough, in terms of coats you probably just want something insulated cause you can layer if anything

in my opinion it's more important to have a scarf to stop those polar winds that show up on those cold days.. unless you're working outside you don't need canada goose level warmth

It all depends I guess. I've went through the past two with a pair of CP mids as my primary shoes, and a Corpus wool bomber. A hoodie underneath it is warm enough for me, but I don't do much more than walk on sidewalks in town, and only for short periods of time. Red Wings should definitely be good, and if you're worried a Canada Goose will keep your shit warm no matter what.

yeah... Canada Goose Chilliwack bomber does it for me and for the not so cold days a wool peacoat with a hoodie underneath works. Reg Wings with some wool socks will get you through anything except lots of snow but if you are going to be walking on the sidewalks downtown that shouldn't be much of an issue. If you plan on walking through lots of snow a pair of classic sorels may be a good idea.