TORONTO Meetup

axtsang

Guest starthere
751 TONIGHT. Holy fuck it's going to be dope. See y'all there.

A couple things I want to sell quick:

CDG size SS (28-30) black dress pants $55. They do not fit over my butt.

Miu Miu dress shirt kinda like grey purple stripe. Nice pattern, but doesn't fit around my chest. 15-1/2, but fits very slim in the chest. $30,

down for the CDG dress pants.

hello! my brother is competing in the ontario skills competition on tuesday and he needs to make prints of his photographs sized 12x18 inches. He went to send them to blacks but the notice said they would be ready in 15 days. wtf.

is this true? if so, where else could he have them developed?

That's stupid. Is he downtown? There's two places at Yonge & Elm (one on the corner, one on Elm down a few, can't recall the names.) that I always get my film developed at and it's very prompt. They sometimes scratch the negatives, though.

there's two good places i know of - neither name springs immediately to mind.

one is on st. mary street (two south of bay and bloor), on the north side, just west of yonge.

the other is on elm street (just above dundas, i think), but on the south side, and about the same distance from yonge.

i've had black & white, etc. developed at both and in decent time, but i'd trust the first one a little bit more...

im mostly curious because the blacks by my house does a good job, and is usually pretty quick, so does it actually take THAT much longer to develop 2 large pictures instead of 489303 small ones? I dont really understand how it works in a professional place like that but dont they just use printers these days? :/

thanks for the suggestions!!

there's two good places i know of - neither name springs immediately to mind.

one is on st. mary street (two south of bay and bloor), on the north side, just west of yonge.

the other is on elm street (just above dundas, i think), but on the south side, and about the same distance from yonge.

i've had black & white, etc. developed at both and in decent time, but i'd trust the first one a little bit more...

That's the one. I think it's either called Akon (like the Konvict) or Avon (like the Kosmetic.)

hello! my brother is competing in the ontario skills competition on tuesday and he needs to make prints of his photographs sized 12x18 inches. He went to send them to blacks but the notice said they would be ready in 15 days. wtf.

is this true? if so, where else could he have them developed?

is this the high school thing? i was supposed to go to that for video but the army got in the way :(

yo black's doesn't print large format in house. they basically send it out to their evil lab where they print shit photos.

go to toronto image works. you'll pay more, but it'll take less time and they'll look better because they know what they're doing.

I've heard of people getting fined for riding on crowded sidewalks. I think someone I know around a fifty buck one once. As for the others, I have neither a bell nor lights and I've never been stopped. I think it's only if you are unlucky enough to run afoul a stickler cop.

don't be riding on sidewalks unless you can't avoid it. generally a bitch move.

best thing to remember is look in the mirrors of parked cars you're passing to see if there are people in them. they usually don't see you, and if you don't see them before that door comes open, you're done...

i bike everywhere without any regulation stuff and i've never been stopped. bike cops are usually easy to spot, and cops in cruisers usually don't bother with bikers unless its serious.