show me your clarks!

sexasomniac

I asked one of the sellers in ebay regarding the sizing of the desert boots and this is what he told me

"Hi there,as far as we know if you wear size-10.5US it should be same size in Clarks Desert Boot,because they run true to size."

Here's the link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110282058097&_trksid=p2761.l1259

Infos please. Appreciated. Thanks.

I asked one of the sellers in ebay regarding the sizing of the desert boots and this is what he told me

"Hi there,as far as we know if you wear size-10.5US it should be same size in Clarks Desert Boot,because they run true to size."

Here's the link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110282058097&_trksid=p2761.l1259

Infos please. Appreciated. Thanks.

if you know what size you wear in chucks (typically -1 from your "usual" size) then that is the size you want in the desert boot.

Sorry if you've already covered this, but does anyone know where to get these resoled in the UK?

I mean, it doesn't look like the hardest of jobs - get a new crepe sole, glue it on?! But Clarks never seem to respond to my e-mails and their retail staff are usually clueless, I may just have to pop in to their HQ in Somerset the bastards.

can someone help me? I wanna grab a pair of the black leather desert boots in a 14, but I don't know if on sites like shoebuy and zappos "Black" refers to Black leather or Black Suede. Also, is there anywhere I should look for the best deal on a pair/a place I can find them in a 14? Thanks much.

can anyone recommend any products for general care/waterproofing of grain leather clarks? not looking to be entirely anal about keeping them clean or anything, but just general care. waterproofing at the very least.

those navy ones are nice... any word if theyve dropped and where to cop?

If you're in NYC, David Z's had them in store. They're easy to find on the 'bay for average price; but for the record, the color is not as vibrant as it appears in this pic.

where do you guys get your p&b wallabees. they're not on ebay and they're not on their site.

the 2 best ways of getting ahold of them are 1) just waiting for irish-made clarks wallabees to show up on ebay (they'll either have to be labeled as irish or you've got to know what to look for to tell them apart from china wallabees) or 2) searching on auctions.yahoo.co.jp (via rinkya.com also helps)

step 1 takes religious dedication btw

can anyone recommend any products for general care/waterproofing of grain leather clarks? not looking to be entirely anal about keeping them clean or anything, but just general care. waterproofing at the very least.

i believe you can get those water repellent spray at walmart, just spray couple of layer and it would do some waterproofing or you can use mink oil as well. Or is there something extra in particular you looking for?

i believe you can get those water repellent spray at walmart, just spray couple of layer and it would do some waterproofing or you can use mink oil as well. Or is there something extra in particular you looking for?

thanks -- yea, i'm just going for waterproofing i suppose. i got this fucking awesome baha something starburst slurpee the other day and a drop of condensation fell onto the boot, and the spot never went away. so i was like well shit.

Found this thread about plantation crepe on a shoemaker's forum.

Interesting read.

I have come to appreciate genuine plantation crepe, after understanding it better. Paul,I too put crepe repairs off till it was unbearable. But I had a slew of clients with Wallabees in the 70’s and 80’s, so had to solve the riddle of removing material, and bonding the geniuine crepe.

Removing is easy, and you are right, Paul. Just dip your sharp long knife in water frequently while cutting. Lift the cut material from the uncut as you go. It is not quite like "cutting butter", but manageable.

There are a few secrets to bonding I discovered, but all so simple it is hard to believe. The first clue is rubber cement - the old type that was made with plantation crepe trimmings thrown into a bucket of solvent, naptha or the like, in many shops. (Rubber cement sticks to itself!)

Try this: take two pieces of genuine crepe and sand one surface of each piece then immediately hammer (or press) the sanded surfaces together before they cool. You will not be able to seperate them after hamering! No cement or chemicals needed when bonding crepe to crepe! The bond is incredibly strong if you join two the virgin crepe surfaces while still warm from sanding. There is a chemical method of bonding crepe to crepe, but results of the above method are so good, I stopped experimenting with chemicals.

From The Crispin Colloquy

http://www.thehcc.org/discus/messages/4/6758.html

http://www.thehcc.org/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi

ah.. so. Thanks.

The guy told me that the 'M' stands for Medium. So what does 'F' or 'D' stands for?

'F' and 'D' would be the width of the shoe. With 'A' being the most narrow, and the width of the shoe increasing as the letter moves further down the alphabet. 'E'-'EEE' would be a pretty standard width, although going from E to F would not really that much of a difference.

Many companies will just make shoes in two widths, 'M' for medium and 'W' for wide to simplify this system and I'd assume cut costs.

Found this thread about plantation crepe on a shoemaker's forum.

Interesting read.

I have come to appreciate genuine plantation crepe, after understanding it better. Paul,I too put crepe repairs off till it was unbearable. But I had a slew of clients with Wallabees in the 70’s and 80’s, so had to solve the riddle of removing material, and bonding the geniuine crepe.

Removing is easy, and you are right, Paul. Just dip your sharp long knife in water frequently while cutting. Lift the cut material from the uncut as you go. It is not quite like "cutting butter", but manageable.

There are a few secrets to bonding I discovered, but all so simple it is hard to believe. The first clue is rubber cement - the old type that was made with plantation crepe trimmings thrown into a bucket of solvent, naptha or the like, in many shops. (Rubber cement sticks to itself!)

Try this: take two pieces of genuine crepe and sand one surface of each piece then immediately hammer (or press) the sanded surfaces together before they cool. You will not be able to seperate them after hamering! No cement or chemicals needed when bonding crepe to crepe! The bond is incredibly strong if you join two the virgin crepe surfaces while still warm from sanding. There is a chemical method of bonding crepe to crepe, but results of the above method are so good, I stopped experimenting with chemicals.

From The Crispin Colloquy

http://www.thehcc.org/discus/messages/4/6758.html

http://www.thehcc.org/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi

Nice one Digups. Now if I can just source some crepe, I'm good to go!

Could someone help me out bigtime. I have been looking for the wallabee in black suede not a boot, for ages and i have had no luck. If anyone knows anywhere selling in a UK10 or has found one on a website please let me know. I got a picture of one here, i would like either this colour sole or the traditional sand kind of colour.

blacksuede.jpg

Im in the same boat, but in the US :P