show me your clarks!

sexasomniac

Gnar, you know what would be kind of cool (and I don't know if you feeling like going to these lengths for the piece)? Finding out why well-known people like Wallabees and other Clarks. Like you said, I think we all know that Ghost used to rock the Wally's, but it would be pretty dope to hear from some other musicians, artists, skateboarders, etc. Just a thought...

Listen here:

I'm working on a project collecting information on the history and significance of Padmore & Barnes and Clarks Wallabees - I'm looking for historical information, cultural references (Ghostface quotes, etc.), international perspectives (Japan, UK), and any other new or useful information you may have about these shoes and their influence on rap/skate/street/etc. culture - anything that hasn't already been shared in this thread.

I'm going to be real with you - I probably know more than most of you, so please don't PM me yapping about the Supreme collaboration or that Ghostface used to dye his Wallies. Not to be a dick - I just don't want to waste anyone's time.

But, there are a few posters in this thread that I'd like to hear from - you probably know who you are - and rather than PMing each of you I'm posting this call to arms.

Please feel free to drop me a line - send me your thoughts, links, photos, videos, interviews, anything that you found inspiring or insightful, anything you remember feeling or thinking about P&B, Clarks, Wallies, etc.

Thanks all - more to come on this later...

just went to the martin + osa store in sf today, they had a bunch of sizes in both the sand and grey suede. Bought both colors for a total of $93, got free shipping to my house as well (couldn't carry them around all day, no car :()

the clothes there looked okay, construction was okay but for the price i'd get jcrew... especially after reading up about them online and finding out they're owned by American Eagle?! :eek:

P.S. they also had some converse x john varvatos on sale, and all shoes are an extra 20% off :)

sporties? their legit.

Naw, I know for a fact it's not Sporty LA. Gosh, I wish I got the name. They're a little bit further down the street and they sell other things like soccer jersey's, tracksuits, etc. The reason why I'm asking is because they've got some Wally's on sale for $80.

Ring a bell, anyone?

Guest Hopfer

So I just purchased my first pair of Clarks Desert Boots in Gray. It's a suede shoe, but the suede isn't nearly as... Suedey(?) as other suedes I've had. The fibers aren't nearly as lush and... whatever... as other suedes. I dig it.

My question is: How are these going to wear and age? Should I regularly spray these to protect them or will they age well if I just let them run their course naturally? I wear the fuck out of my shoes as I'm an out and about type of fella and I love these so much that I want to wear them very often. Thanks!

So I just purchased my first pair of Clarks Desert Boots in Gray. It's a suede shoe, but the suede isn't nearly as... Suedey(?) as other suedes I've had. The fibers aren't nearly as lush and... whatever... as other suedes. I dig it.

My question is: How are these going to wear and age? Should I regularly spray these to protect them or will they age well if I just let them run their course naturally? I wear the fuck out of my shoes as I'm an out and about type of fella and I love these so much that I want to wear them very often. Thanks!

since you will wear the fuck out of em, even if you spray thing to protect it wont help much. I will just wear it and let it age naturally, maybe jusr brush them with the suede brush once in a while

Brother just picked up a pair of older Wallys. The box says navy, but it has a purple hue. Is there any info on these?

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

i had a pair of those back in 2001 when i was deep into the clarks game.. (i sold them on here not too long ago)

they actually had purple joints but they were like more of a plum color and were nubuck looking. i always passed them up at the outlet by my pad. Does anyone have a pair of the jil sander desert boots?? they were like blue-ish..

love the chukkas, and what color is that on the front right,is it just the light brown? by the way..can any of the clarks be resoled?

It's kind of a light sand colour, the ones next to them are like a dark sand, light brown colour. The pictures represent the colour well.

Guest Hopfer

Alright.

These grey desert boots might be the best ankle boot I've ever known. They look perfect, feel perfect, fit perfect. I wear them with my fag-ass short shorts and feel like a real JTT.

Why didn't I try them sooner?