show me your clarks!

sexasomniac

I picked these up in a thrift store yesterday for $10. The soles were rock hard but I put them in the oven wrapped in foil for about 30 minutes at 170F and the soles are wonderfully soft now. They are well worn navy suede.

The label on the inside of the shoes has been worn away but looks like it was in gold lettering. I'm curious if these are Padmore & Barnes or made in China Wallabees.

I suspect they are Padmore & Barnes simply because of the sizing - I take a 10 in the made in China Wallabees - these are labeled 10.5 inside one of the shoes and they are about 1/2 size small for me. But they are also labelled as "D11 1/2" inside the other shoe so I'm confused as to what size they actually are. They also seem a bit differently designed compared to my China wallabees - the sole seems thinner and overall they seem less bulky...but maybe it is my imagination because I don't have my China wallabees here to directly compare.

Can anyone identify them as China or Ireland wallabees? :confused:

(click for larger image)

th_P1010297.jpg th_P1010298.jpgth_P1010299.jpg th_P1010300.jpg

th_P1010302.jpg th_P1010303.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
My only pair (although I want at least another pair of desert boots in grey suede). These are obviously getting pretty beat, but I love them, and the soles are hanging in pretty well:

25508162gb5.jpg

86255293tw4.jpg

79627820jf5.jpg

I keep shoe trees in them. I guess I could oil them, but I kind of like the rougher look. Anyways, just thought I'd share.

I'd honestly stay away from oiling them. The color on them is really nice now. I oiled mine and they got a lot darker and don't look nearly as good.

i have a pair of perforated erlandia p500s which have the same type of crepe sole pictured earlier on too.

anyways, great collection ed. light brown suede plaintoes are so sick.. wish i had a pair! and grey leather weavers - sssick!

where are you guys finding the weavers and plaintoes? i have all my fav searches set up on ebay and i find nothing. maybe its just my size or maybe i'm looking in the wrong place.

its your size cos were in the same boat. Havnt seen a pair of any p&bs us12's on yahoo for over a year. Only managed to get a pair of padmore wallabee boots the other week after digging the seller for info.

Nice collection ed, leather weavers are rad, nice solid colour.

where are you guys finding the weavers and plaintoes? i have all my fav searches set up on ebay and i find nothing. maybe its just my size or maybe i'm looking in the wrong place.

its your size cos were in the same boat. Havnt seen a pair of any p&bs us12's on yahoo for over a year. Only managed to get a pair of padmore wallabee boots the other week after digging the seller for info.

Nice collection ed, leather weavers are rad, nice solid colour.