show me your clarks!

sexasomniac

^ I'm well pleased mate.

The leather quality is insane, the kind that develops the most amazing patina.

I like treating my leather shoes with creams and waxes and such, and I love working with these. These just got their second polish and they look better than a new pair now.

Pretty stoked.

Anyone else do maintenance to their Clarks?

what do you use for the leather? i think mine could use a bit of a cleaning.

those are rad dugups, great color.

anyone else ever experience a crack in the bottom of the crepe sole? i looked at the bottom of my p&bs today and low and behold a large crack!

^ Washed them with saddle soap and water and a microfiber cloth.

Let them dry and then brushed on a slightly darker shoe cream that went well with the cognac uppers.

Then took an old cotton t-shirt and some hard clear wax and polished them (this process takes most of the coloured cream off again).

Finally lightly polished them again with a few drops of white spirit (turpentine) on the same cloth, this gives a nice sheen (not a glossy one).

Yeah I have two pairs that cracked accross the outsole. Tried rubber cement but that only holds for a day or so.

*Edit* still wear them hard though, in dry weather. Rocking my cracked and beat up brown suedes as we speak.

^ Washed them with saddle soap and water and a microfiber cloth.

Let them dry and then brushed on a slightly darker shoe cream that went well with the cognac uppers.

Then took an old cotton t-shirt and some hard clear wax and polished them (this process takes most of the coloured cream off again).

Finally lightly polished them again with a few drops of white spirit (turpentine) on the same cloth, this gives a nice sheen (not a glossy one).

Yeah I have two pairs that cracked accross the outsole. Tried rubber cement but that only holds for a day or so.

*Edit* still wear them hard though, in dry weather. Rocking my cracked and beat up brown suedes as we speak.

i use saddle soap and shoe cream on all my leathers, though i like them when theyre slightly faded, so dont normally polish.

been using saddle soap to strech out some tight wallabees, danyone else used other products to strech out tight spots? have some tight suede weavers too, but tried some spray on strecher, but it doesnt cut it.

what do you use for the leather? i think mine could use a bit of a cleaning.

those are rad dugups, great color.

anyone else ever experience a crack in the bottom of the crepe sole? i looked at the bottom of my p&bs today and low and behold a large crack!

you can just use a clean wet rag to clean the leather, then just dry them off. then you can use your choice of either colored creams (kind've translucent) or polishes (more opaque) if they're scuffed up.

i've never had my soles crack, but that's a bummer. if I were you i'd try to flex the crack open slightly, squeeze some shoe goo in there, and then devise a way to keep the crack closed (maybe just use a shoe horn) while the shoe goo dries

ps dope plaintoes digups! :)

been using saddle soap to strech out some tight wallabees, danyone else used other products to strech out tight spots? have some tight suede weavers too, but tried some spray on strecher, but it doesnt cut it.

Get a shoe stretcher or bring them to a shoe repair shop.

I actually just dropped off some wallabees at my local cobbler to get stretched.

Where was I in the rotation for those Plaintoes? Probably a size too big anyway - UK8.5?

I don't polish or treat my leathers at all. I like them with a little wear. Never had soles crack, but it looks like the soles on my Sahara Boots are slightly pulling away from the upper - I don't want to investigate further for fear of making it worse, I'm just going to run them until they need a repair.

(Heads up people looking for P&B Wallies, search Padmore on eBay.)

i've never had my soles crack, but that's a bummer. if I were you i'd try to flex the crack open slightly, squeeze some shoe goo in there, and then devise a way to keep the crack closed (maybe just use a shoe horn) while the shoe goo dries

Tried exactly that... kept the crack closed with shoe tree inside and a tie wrap along the midsole.

After drying, they held up for one day.

The problem occurs on dried crepe, under the ball of the foot where most of the flexing happens.

The same flexing happens after gooeing... causing them to crack again.

Haven't found a glue that can cope with that, even my cobbler said it was unrepairable (except for a whole new expensive sole unit).

To prevent cracking, every new pair gets baked in the oven at the lowest temperature, wrapped in aluminum foil.

Really happy with this method btw.

Never had soles crack, but it looks like the soles on my Sahara Boots are slightly pulling away from the upper - I don't want to investigate further for fear of making it worse, I'm just going to run them until they need a repair.

it's actually totally normal on irish wallabees for the edges of the soles to pull away from the upper...pretty much all of mine have done that. it's not a problem tho because the top part of the crepe sole, close to the edge, is actually stitched to the upper.

Where was I in the rotation for those Plaintoes? Probably a size too big anyway - UK8.5?

Im pretty sure they were a US8 1/2. And in all honesty, I had no idea you would be interested in them since they were worn, if not I would have offered those to you a long time ago.. Sorry.

it's actually totally normal on irish wallabees for the edges of the soles to pull away from the upper...pretty much all of mine have done that. it's not a problem tho because the top part of the crepe sole, close to the edge, is actually stitched to the upper.

Werd, some of mine have that as well.

They won't come apart any further because of the moccasin stitching, which is the main bond between (mid)sole and uppers.

This abstracted chap actually shows that moccasin stitching...

2zhdr29.jpg

papoose, if those weavers are size 11ish, let me know if you decide to sell! i will totally buy em! Yeah man, it really sucks, its at the point of the shoe where its widest, towards the front. I bought em dead stock about 3 months ago, and have only worn em hard a few times. Whatever, not like i look at the bottom of my shoes often anyways!