show me your clarks!

sexasomniac

Depends where the tightness is located but generally yes they will loosen up.

With leather shoes like this you are usually better off getting them as tight as possible since leather can stretch. Mine were almost painful when I tried them on but I worked through it.

Day 1 = discomfort

Day 3 = minor irritation

Day 20 = barely noticeable

Day 30 = perfect fit

Depends where the tightness is located but generally yes they will loosen up.

With leather shoes like this you are usually better off getting them as tight as possible since leather can stretch. Mine were almost painful when I tried them on but I worked through it.

Day 1 = discomfort

Day 3 = minor irritation

Day 20 = barely noticeable

Day 30 = perfect fit

I disagree with this. Leather shoes do form and stretch; to an extent. However, they should never be even close to causing you pain. If your feet hurt in them, they're too small.

Sounds like you should size down though.

By discomfort I didn't mean excrutiating pain. Probably should have clarified. It shouldn't actually be hurting your feet. There's a difference between "ouch my toes are in literal pain" and "It's pretty tight and I can feel the shoe squeezing lightly."

If it actually hurts, then hell yeah it's too tight. Size up.

i took an old pair of plaintoes in to get resoled today and the guy in the shop said there was no way to do it, that once the crepe has dried out it can't be replaced and they're 'dead'. this is a fairly well regarded place in town but i'm pretty god damn sure that people have had them fixed up from worse condition than these are in. anybody know anywhere specific that deals with this kind of thing that might take a look at them? they're just so cool i can't really let them go

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...