show me your clarks!

sexasomniac

hmm, knowning very little about Padmore & Barnes and with the original Clarks factory only about 10mins drive from me, I was intriqued to find out why all the old wallabees were made in Ireland rather than the clarks factory in England.. so I used the internets and found this.

They arranged for the necessary training and patterns to be made available to their Padmore and Barnes factory in Ireland, in exchange for royalties on the shoes made. Padmore and Barnes was under the ownership of Clarks from about 1957 until 1987, when Padmore and Barnes had a management buy out.

So I take it the wallabees still being made in ireland post 1987? If so, presumably they're not 'Clarks' wallabees then? (not that it makes any odds, just seems interesting to me)

i'll be in ireland adn the UK for the next 2 1/2 weeks. i doubt i'll be able to dig some up, but i'll keep my eyes peeled.

i'm pissed i didn't get to the supleme warehouse sale earlier than i did. picked up a few sweaters and a pair of plaintoes for myself, but in retrospect, at $30/pair, i can't believe i didn't buy 25 pairs to put on ice.

i have decided that i need more clarks. i have spent the last 2 days aimlessly walking the streets of reykjavik, yesterday with my nikes and today with my desert treks and my feet feel so much better with the clarks, and ive had these shoes for almost 3 years, so that earn even higher marks.

i have decided that i need more clarks. i have spent the last 2 days aimlessly walking the streets of reykjavik, yesterday with my nikes and today with my desert treks and my feet feel so much better with the clarks, and ive had these shoes for almost 3 years, so that earn even higher marks.

do you live in Iceland?? or vacation?

also do you guys think tan/sand would look weird with indigo/black skinny denim?

Yeah those weavers are dope. But $180+ shipped?

I'm certain that this thread has influenced the price of Padmore & Barnes shoes.

A year or two ago, those would have sold for $50-60 tops.

agreed

but i think its more like 6 months ago..those are def going for less than $100

ahhhh the power of group think...........

Yeah those weavers are dope. But $180+ shipped?

I'm certain that this thread has influenced the price of Padmore & Barnes shoes.

A year or two ago, those would have sold for $50-60 tops.

Exactly. Those were my size too.

It kind of sucks, but at least extremely limited supply of P&Bs in general will keep things from getting too out of hand. Most people will lose interest before they can even get their grubby mitts on a pair, I hope. Not to mention that's rare for two pairs like that to be posted on the Bay - seems like most fools don't actually know where to look, anyway.

^

It's rare to see them well listed like that, with all the "right" keywords.

Seeing that I almost passed... but I bid on the Weavers anyway in the end. Was akward to see them pass the $100 mark. I'm not used to those kind of prices.

Let's delete this thread shall we.

thought i'd share my pairs. wally's from egay, plaintoes from the warehouse sale. don't really wear the plaintoes too often, as i've always felt they looked a bit goofy on me. and seeing the prices on some of the auctions that've been posted i think it might be time to unload em.

59wtcn.jpg

ae4apj.jpg

Sorry if this was covered earlier in the thread, but I didn't see it. Anyways, I'm looking for some Hi Clarks Desert Boots. I see the ankle ones all over the place, but can't find the hi's anywhere. Is it a Japan only thing? Any place to buy/order in the US or do I need a proxy? Thanks!