I'm a late adopter; help me jump on the metallic shoes bandwagon!

Fuuma

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
not really into super shiny sneaks, 'cept for the silver adidas forest hills from a year or two back. i stumbled on these and they're on sale:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/jellybeans-select/jelly_silver_sneaker/

don't like the sole much though.

HAHA i tried those on in Hong Kong - inside on the midsole thing is a tag which says Hedi Slimane Homme.

At least on the pair in HK it did and from those pics they are visually identical.

• 3 weeks later...

the Supra skytop is an acquired taste, but once hooked, you will be in its grasp forever.

the gold/silver colorway is metallic'ly delicious.

Yeah... I tried on the skytops in gold, bought them and walked to my car. Tried to return them the next week, but no luck. Am now in the process of trying to unload them ~ PM me if you are interested in sz10, I'll ship.

Guest jmatsu

maybe this question should be in the common projects thread.

i was wondering if the gold keds look alike ones come with laces. obviously they are being advertised in a way that implies one should wear them laceless, but DO THEY COME WITH LACES?

i have those adidas and mine don't look at all like that...

no white toecap, grey sole, the stripes are a brighter blue, the laces are gold.

are those the original? man, my reissue is so much prettier. not that

i wear em ever.

• 3 weeks later...

Few weeks ago on Carnaby Street I saw some metallic Onitsuka Tigers... they don't appear to be on the website yet.

Also they had fat white vulcanised soles... I didn't dare step inside to see if there was a silver pair, because if that was the case I would have caused my bank account some serious injury.

search vintage Keds on ebay. womens.

all shoes are unisex in theory, and as mens high style shoes get narrow and pointy toed, they are just turning more into a female cut.

common projects, while stellar material and construction, are selling seasons old cheap keds to men for high prices.

i am a 9.5, i wear 11 in womens keds. $12.99

http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html

^find your conversion and search for it.

several things:

1)^ no, you should look for at least $350 for the silver high tops if they are the ones I am thinking of

2) some bitch is selling those all silver "Dior Jelly shoes" whatever on ebay as a Dior Homme prototype on the UK site. I was really wondering about them but they did not look like Diors.

3) I like the CP's but wish the midsole was thinner, in some ways they look like orthopedic steez

4) are there all gold asics mexico 66's in this world? I know there are gold ones with black patent stripes but I could've swear I saw a pair of ALL GOLD leather ones in a magazine ad which I can't seems to find anymore. if anyone has seen a pair in person pls. let me know. thx