Overrated movies that bother you due to their popularity

homi29

I'm sorry, but I just can't get into Boondock Saints... I don't like the story progression and especially the way the ending wraps up... Plus, when you jump off of a building, no matter who you land on... YOU DIE.

Unbreakable and Sixth Sense are both dope on a first viewing. Actually sucks that Unbreakable semi-flopped, I think it was a story worth continuing onto a sequel.

Tarantino movies are always good on a first viewing. I loved Rushmore. That and Bottle Rocket are probably the only Wes Anderson movies i've seen where it didn't make me feel dumb and clueless as to what the fuck was going on/where the humor was.

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but M Night Suckalan

Everything but...nope. everything sucks.

and in the same vein as Statham (except he's a natural badass), prety much every Wahlberg movie outside of Boogie Nights sucks. It's just him, usually as a cop, shouting at someone

fail. the corruptor is classic. and three kings, i heart huckabees and departed are totally watchable and enjoyable.

cosign. I enjoyed all movies mentioned above besides Huckabees (never seen it).

the cop shtick has enough variation and development throughout his career that it doesn't feel stale watching it in chronological order. Wahlberg and Baldwin were excellent in their supporting roles for Departed, prob. had more quotables than anyone else except Jack in that film.

The Corruptor is a late 90s action-unintentional comedy classic.

"UNCLE BENNNYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!" *fires machine gun into old man like tomorrow depended on it*

What's with the neg-rep Lucas?

Fear and loathing in las vegas. Fuck I hate this movie.

Easy Rider I couldn't take this shit

Fight club

Babel

Leon probably going to get hate but it is the truf

Tarantino including Reservoir Dogs

Rushmore horrible

[sarcasm]

Citizen Kane

The Godfather (the first one sucked, the rest were aight)

Apocalypse Now

Anything by Scorsese or Hitchcock... Fuck that shit sucks...

[/sarcasm]

Seriously man, have you ever even seen a movie that might also be described as "film" or "cinema"? Why don't you go jerk over "Exit Wounds" for the four hundred and eighth time.

Get some taste homes.

Here is a list I have saved on my computer of my personal favorite films.

"No taste"? Fuck you.

1.eXiT wOuNdZ

Citizen Kane

The Godfather Part I &II

It's a Wonderful Life.

The Shop Around the Corner

The Bishop's Wife

Amadeus

Rebel Without a Cause

Charlie Chaplin-Gold Rush,The Immigrant, Modern Times

Trading Places

Coming To America

Captian Blood

Eyes Wide Shut

Life is Beautiful

Ushpizin

A Little Romance

Monsieur Ibrahim

Everything is Illuminated

Bamboozled

Manhattan

The Jerk

Before Sunrise

Before Sunset

boondock saints has AIDS, anyone who touches that shit is impure by default.

mass - deaprted is overated, yes. but still great. any remake should be evalutated with genuis of the origanl as a handicap. thats why i take all spagheti westerns with a grain of salt. i just prefer the kurasawa films on a base level.

whoever said fear and loathing was overrated: i disagree but i understand why someone would feel the movie doesnt live up to the hype. that hype is created by two kinds of audiences: the kind that havnt read the book and dont understand whats being conveyed, and the type who just love it because its a drug movie.

i thin fear and loathing works on 2 levels. its a brillaint drug movie. i cant imagine any other director other than gilliam being able to visually protray the amount of euphoric nonsense that happens in the book. but i also think its a great polical statement that is condusive to thomssns vision however outated nd lost on a younger audience that may be.

post-60s america is only relevant to people who lived through it and i didnt. but ill still acknowledge the pratfalls of the followoing generation when they are presented poignantly.

fear and loathing loses that edge when its compared to recent films about drugs and excess, but its still pretty brilliant taken in context.

and lucas: if you dont like exit wounds then you lost a long time ago. steven segal x tom arnold is unstoppable, throw dmx in and you have the holy triniy of guilty pleasures.

What bothers me about the film is the way they try to blend Epic Justice Action Movie and Funny Action Movie. It just doesn't work. I don't get the dichotomy of characters being some sort of avenging angels, and then showing a guy groping a passed out stripper.

It doesn't work for the same reason Hancock sucked.

What bothers me about the film is the way they try to blend Epic Justice Action Movie and Funny Action Movie. It just doesn't work. I don't get the dichotomy of characters being some sort of avenging angels, and then showing a guy groping a passed out stripper.

wtf funny action movies are the best, u already lost. RUSH HOUR.

and du, that was rocco, u clearly did not get his character and maybe the whole movie, which is simple enough..don't post here no more.

boondock saints is a terrible movie. thats one where everytime someone tells me how good it is, ill say 'okay. lets watch it, because i dont beleive you that you enjoy this film' so i sit down and watch it again. and about 20 minutes into the film, the person will look at me mid laugh/amusement and realize that im disturbingly unentertained, and their grin will subside, just a little. another 20 minutes will pass and they will turn again when what used to be their favorite part is about to happen, this time their expresseion will register as inevitable dissapointment. 20 minutes later, that person will say 'fuck it...' turn the movie off and go ... i guess it does suck, i hadnt seen it in a while'.

antonio, if you can enjoy that film in front of me, i will buy you a copy of it for every room in your house. but if you start forgetting why you like it before the 1st act finishes, you have to give me a rimjob.

I didn't even check for Hancock, it looked cheesy as fuck. But I am a bit curious, it seemed to gross "Will Smith numbers" that I didn't think he was capable of pulling off any more. Is it just me or did that shit dip in and out of theaters in like 3 weeks for a movie that made so much...

nah nesk, we get matching veritas aequitas tattoos..

but on our cocks. cuz im professional..

yo everybody on this should hate will smith and not have bothered seeing hancock unless its playin in the background at some party or some bull..u know the story is about a drunk bum superhero? ya fuck that.

but 7 pounds was a good date 4 me..

trainspotting was the only good movie that boyle made. i can't believe people like slumdog that much. it's so prefabricated, seems like a disney movie. it's made following his favorite style, 90s music video, plastic and banal with overused camera work. like the last hot mtv video (when they still had videos). people are sheep.

i remember boondock saints, hated it by the way. but it was worse cause for weeks my friend had been hyping it saying how awesome it was. he had a house party and it died out like at 4 or something. i was sleepy so i was about to head out, when he says some of us are gonna watch boondock saints and you gotta watch it. by the time it was over i was furious, i was all 'i could have been asleep right now and not watching this bullshit'