Overrated movies that bother you due to their popularity

homi29

i have to also put alot of speilbergs movies in there. his work is good, and he's an amazing filmmaker, but he always finds ways to ruin endings..

it pisses me off to no end

so im going to have to add minority report and AI

Guest itsmeJT

most recent one: 300

imagine all the crass special effects of 'queen of the damned' and the battle scenes of 'lord of the rings' and you have the abortion that is 300.

The Big Lebowski

I'm expecting at least two people to vigorously defend this movie.

I won't vigorously defend it, I just enjoyed it. What exactly makes it overrated in your book, because personally I've never really heard anyone going on about how much they enjoyed The Big Lebowski? I will admit that I'm a bit of a sucker for the Coen brothers, but I thought the characters in this film were pretty great, fairly amusing in general.

Damn, I'm surprised Little Miss Sunshine has only been mentioned once, but Napoleon Dynamite was mentioned in nearly everyone's post. Shit, the ending of Little Miss Sunshine was a blatant rip off of the dancing sequence from Napoleon. Shit I thought the movie was funny as hell. Regardless, Little Sunshine and Garden State take the cookie for me. Both of them were an attempted "indie" flicks merely produced to take advantage of Philistine's taking a liking to indie films as of late.

The Big Lebowski

I'm expecting at least two people to vigorously defend this movie.

it needs no defense, vigorous or otherwise, but the dude abides. how can you not like this movie?

"dont fuck with the jesus"

i love all the coen's stuff, vigorously.

300 has to be the most recent one. Story is so stupid.. and he fucking missed the last shot, My friend and I were laughing out loud while watching it.

All the new Star War movies..

The Departed, if you have seen the org. movie, this one is just weird.. Like some white dudes are trying to act out an asian story. (like the indian Thriller music video on Youtube)

How do some of you people expect 300 to be great? that's just stupid, you go to that movie for the eye-candy and that's it. if you go there and expect to be blown away by the story line and acting........ the movie's all about how fucking bad-ass it looks, and in that respect it delivers...

also why the hate on tarantino? maybe there's a little to much hype, but all of his movies (apart from, from dusk till dawn) are so much fun. reservoir dogs was like cultpop said very influential and pulp fiction is very very good to, they're smart, funny and the dialogue's and soundtrack and editing are great. in short, never a dull moment.

and for kill bill, wasn't crappy b-movies one of the inspirations behind it and he just wanted to do a movie that would be a cross between that and spaghetti-westerns and martial arts cliches. that's exactly what i was, so he he accomplished what he wanted to do, and again, so much fun! kill bill 2 was pretty bad i'll agree on that.

hello........ batman! are you insane? i loved edward scissorhands as a kid too, after that its all bs.

How about Batman Returns?

I also think it's funny/retarded that there's a thread of people disliking movies DUE to their popularity. I can give a fuck if a movie is popular or not. I like it because I like it. Or I hate it because it fucking sucks.

I don't like or dislike (bothered by ) movies based on whether or not other people like them.

You guys are all fucking whack.

I also think it's funny/retarded that there's a thread of people disliking movies DUE to their popularity. I can give a fuck if a movie is popular or not. I like it because I like it. Or I hate it because it fucking sucks.

I don't like or dislike (bothered by ) movies based on whether or not other people like them.

I don't believe everyone thinks that way.

What most of us here are disliking is that certain movies are hyped up but the media/people and when you watch it, it was a big disappointment.

Like I remember watching previews of Queen of the Damned on ET, but when I watched it, it was a bore.

And you can't speak fucking English.

Definition of Overrated:

"to rate or appraise too highly; overestimate: I think you overrate their political influence."

That's completely different than "disliking movies DUE to their popularity." I'm sure people have put movies in here that they liked, but were, and follow this one now, "overrated." It doesn't mean they were bad, necessarily, just that they recieved too much interest / income / whatever for what the film had to offer.

And you can't speak fucking English.

Definition of Overrated:

"to rate or appraise too highly; overestimate: I think you overrate their political influence."

That's completely different than "disliking movies DUE to their popularity." I'm sure people have put movies in here that they liked, but were, and follow this one now, "overrated." It doesn't mean they were bad, necessarily, just that they recieved too much interest / income / whatever for what the film had to offer.

I speak English well, on the most part.

Thank you for the definition of overrated. But instead of vocab words, you should be working on reading comprehension. You see, there is also another section of the title, the second part that states: "that bother you due to their popularity." And although it's not the first word of the title, it's still important (believe it or not!)

To help you better understand what I mean, the thread is not simply "Overrated movies, name them!" It's overrated movies that bother you because of their popularity. If the title was "What movies do you think are overrated?" I would have no problem with the thread, nor the persons' opinions about them.

You're fucking whack because a movie you THINK is OVERRATED bothers you BECAUSE IT IS POPULAR. Is that more clear?

edit: I like Grim Fandango/Sierra Games, so thumb-up for you.

first of all i love tim burton. sure he has a lot of weak moments but so did lang.

pee wee's big adventure, beetlejuice, ed wood, edward scissorhands, nightmare b4 xmas, big fish, batman. not to mention the fact that has worked with depp, walken, bonham carter, mr. mom, danny elfman, jack, j. fox, and vincent price.

300 has to be the most recent one. Story is so stupid.. and he fucking missed the last shot, My friend and I were laughing out loud while watching it.

hate on the movie all you want but if you expected a different ending you are not familiar with the source material (a comic book based on historical events).

thats like going to see a movie about the civil war and ....

just forget it.

You're fucking whack because a movie you THINK is OVERRATED bothers you BECAUSE IT IS POPULAR. Is that more clear?

Popular and bad movies bother me because I love films so much that I want everyone else to watch more quality films. If people start watching more intelligent and original films, there will be more producers wanting to produce films with such quality. I want what I like to be popular. Is that so hard to understand?? I think you are way overreacting.

go outside for sec mate.

its the same thing, you dislike something because it has been overrated, overhyped or its popular to an extent you dont understand. thats the point of the topic, if you dont get it you can always ask others if they had trouble perceiving it.

and if you dont agree with the topic, dont go in there yelling how wack or retarded everybody is.