Overrated movies that bother you due to their popularity

homi29

I think Crash takes the cake on this one... that movie made me want to cut myself

yeah, it wasnt terrible, but it certinally wasnt deserving of the acolades it got..

i think that donnie darko was popular for the same reason (kids wanting to cut themselves)

yeah, it wasnt terrible, but it certinally wasnt deserving of the acolades it got..

i think that donnie darko was popular for the same reason (kids wanting to cut themselves)

ahh man it was fucking awful for me, especially after seeing magnolia and short cuts, which are the same style of movie but well-executed. the racist messages in Crash were so blunt and corny, too

Crash is the equivalent of Robin Givhan's Pulitzer Prize.

Both were highly undeserved Black things that simply received their prizes because they were Black. Any gravitas or incidence of pathos were the residue of the abortion that is their "success".

i feel u on the fact that magnolia is a great movie, i never fully appreciated it until the second watch..

i agree that its uterly retarded that somehow everyone in crash is related, and they all seem to be racist to some extent..

Schindler's List

I watched this movie for the first time while I was high as balls... let me just say that the scene where the SS are out in the town square with the german shepherds and start rounding up all the people (and then an officer pushes a man down and shoots him point-blank range in the skull)... that scene made me realize how heavy it was and how awesome it is to watch intense movies like that when you're baked.

I watched this movie for the first time while I was high as balls... let me just say that the scene where the SS are out in the town square with the german shepherds and start rounding up all the people (and then an officer pushes a man down and shoots him point-blank range in the skull)... that scene made me realize how heavy it was and how awesome it is to watch intense movies like that when you're baked.

schindler's list in undoubtedly classic cinema, i can't believe someone mentioned it in this thread :/

agreed on napolean dynamite and 300. im tired of my classmates claiming "oh my god. best movie of the year. best movie ive ever seen. etc. etc." along with all the "this is SPARTA"s echoing through the hallways, and the "have you seen 300 the pg version?" shit. enough already. i watched that shit drunk and all i remember is a guy with corn on his face and a wall of dead people.

i think borat was a tad overrated as well. definitely wasnt as funny as the original series.

old boy is just a gory movie, nothing good about it

just a gory movie? i agree with pretty much everyone else's list except this one...Old Boy is genuinely very well put together. storyline itself is very very original, not to mention the cinematography and basically the way Park ChanWoo went about making that film, the movie is genius.

Children Of Men...mediocre story with poorly developed characters, which is a shame because the premise and setting had real potential. Its one of those movies where you keep waiting for it to get better but never delivers. Micheal Caine was mis-used. Meh.

The Usual Suspects...bad, bad acting, boring film. Everyone I know guessed Kevin Spacey's character would end up being the mastermind in the end in the first 15 minutes.

Snatch...pretentious.

Miami Vice...Stylish yet boring and pointless. A backwards step in acting from Jamie Foxx after Collateral.

pretty much everything by adam sandler.

the guy is an idiot douche bag. who the hell finances his films?

kill bill.

miami vice (heat is one of the best films ever, MV stinks, except the final showdown)

gangs of new york. too long

garden state. nice drug scene at the beginning. the rest is like a big WTF?!?

more to come

Yeah, Napolean Dynamite definitely. I had huge expectations when I finally sat down and tried to concentrate on it. It had been hyped so much and everyone said it's the greatest movie ever made - bullshit. It was nothing but a boring story told in a very "indie" way. 10 wins & 18 nominations? For what?!

Crash worked for me, I think the actors were good and it was well directed. The story was, well, what it was - like ghostdeini said, the racist messages in it were a bit blunt and corny, and I think the movie would have worked well without the statements. Still, it's one of the best movies I've seen.

Pirates of the Carribean is shit. I think they're not even overrated. Is there someone who actually think the movies were good as movies? Or was Keira Knightley just hot? Anything with the Disney-logo in it is a "hell no" for me.