Sign in to follow this  
Lucas

Mac Questions including applications (iphoto, garageband, etc..)

I recently made a slideshow using my pictures from europe on iphoto and i would like to send it to some family in Romania but the slideshow won't fit on to a dvd however the pictures will but i really want to be able to send the slideshow It is 2 hours and 15 mins and speeding up the slides is not an option be cause it's already fast enough.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

are you trying to save the slideshow on dvd or making a dvd that will play in a dvd player? are you using idvd? how many pictures and whats the total size?

I didn't think of using I dvd that's a good idea. I just want to save it to dvd doesn't need to play in a dvd player. 2,048 photos and slideshow size is 5.12 gb.

are you trying to save the slideshow on dvd or making a dvd that will play in a dvd player? are you using idvd? how many pictures and whats the total size?

I don't know man that seems pretty tricky. Do you know of any way he can dowload it off the internet like maybe I can host it and he will be able to download the video or something?

why wont you just burn the pictures to the dvd, not a slideshow but regular picture folder. any pc will open it and they can watch it in thumbnails or slideshow form.

if you want to make it nice just select the pictures in iphoto, send them to idvd and burn the dvd. all of them wont fit on one dvd but i also don't see anyone watching 2000 pictures in one sitting so it won't hurt to make 2 dvds.

I will try that out tonight thanks.

just upload the pics to Flickr and do a slideshow from there...

Ya but i want to use my slideshow because i have my own effects and music and i think my family will be impressed by the effects etc seeing its Romania and they don't see anything like that very often.

just upload the pics to Flickr and do a slideshow from there...

5GB of pics on the free flickr account would take like umm 4 years to upload?

So make it into a gzip /zip/tar whatever file and burn the compressed file to a disk. The only dvd burners that support larger capacity discs are dual layer burning which would be like $200 just to burn the disc and blu-ray disks. And I don't think dual layer can be viewed even on a standard dvd-rom. So, zipping is your best bet.

you can't really compress pictures. if he wants to keep the slideshow format using idvd is the best way.

What about having it on something Like you tube or even you tube?

But preferibly not you tube because the quility looks like shit and screen is small

I still think two DVD's would work better, you could even include maybe a "funny" "INTERMISSION" slide at the end of the first one. They're not going to watch it in one sitting most likely, and I bet they'll appreciate the break.

Great advice man haha that will be the best!