April 77 F/W 07/08 "Martini Time" Preview

FootlooseSF

Guest Airjamie
pretty much. i requested pictures of all the f/w jeans currently available, but she only sent me pictures of the gold dischords.

Those are supposed to be gold? I could have sworn they were just a shitty khaki color. Whatever, this collection sucks in my oppinion. And can somebody tell me why everyone is paying $400 for a canvas biker jacket? Its not in any way different from the LEATHER ones they sell here for $75 http://www.angryyoungandpoor.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=337&idproduct=43011 . Now these are shitty quality admittedly, but who the fuck cares its a punk jacket. A77 jeans will always be great but the rest of their line looks more and more like shit every day.

Those cords are gross.

WTF ?!

Those are magnificient!

This collection is really nice, I like the all over slim fits & the F/W all-designer short pants signature!

April 77 is seriously a very good brand!

Yo, Chris. Do the dischords get less shiny in the wash? I know you have/had a few pairs. Any experience? I like the khaki color but hate the shiny.

my girl got them off ebay, but im sure you can get them from trash and vaudville in NYC and as for the other shoes just search ebay for "brothel creepers" especially vintage ones

Why is that when I look up "brothel creepers" on eBay, it comes up with the most horrid shoes ever?

Dischords get really weird when washed. I put heavy use into my pair for ~2 months and they're ripping and the sheen and stuff is all messed up.

very true....after i washed mine a lot of the shine was lost. i can't say its a bad thing though.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know when this collection will actually be released (seeing as they released their spring collection quite late this year). We're already started with autumn, most brands have already released at least something from their winter collection... I'll be in Lond tomorrow to check out Dover Street Market, Selfridges and Behave. I'm on the hunt for a good peacoat, preferably in navy or grey. I also NEED those champagne cord joeys. I NEED them. So if anyone has any info on the official release, then pm me please.

Cheers

seven said they're getting a shipment of the joeys with the "patent leather" appearance (like in the pic above) which i think is from this upcoming season. (at least, i dont remember them from before) They also said they're getting the gold ones, which i think are as well. (champagne?)

okay. im asking this here since dischords were being discussed. anyone who's owned them, how much do they stretch? and how long does one have to wear them before theyve stretched out to their max? (theyre the black ones if that makes a diff.)

probably not untill november-december. late.

I was in DSM today actually, spoke to the people on B1F, who said that they sold out most of their April77 Winter collection in July/August and do not plan to re-stock anytime soon. I'm not sure how this works out in the US. Have any of you gotten hold of anything from this collection? Online possibly?

well yes, 2%. i mean nothing in comparison to colordrives with 27%. and by stretch i meant stretch out...

wait..stretch out vs. stretch? sorry im confused :confused: hm. well do you know how long i need to wear them before they're done stretching? ive worn them for 3 days and they fit fine now

wait..stretch out vs. stretch? sorry im confused :confused: hm. well do you know how long i need to wear them before they're done stretching? ive worn them for 3 days and they fit fine now

sorry, stretch= elasticity. stretch out= get baggy and dont go back to original shape.

as for those shoes... you can find alot of those and similar ones all over the internet. search for vintage winkle pickers on google or something... or brothel creepers, but like they said you'll find mosly all ugly shoes or 10 inch platform combat boots.

ahhh thank you. ive worn them for 4 days now, about 5-7 hours each day, including going up and down stairs, sitting in chairs, walking around all sorta places..and i could swear they seem TIGHTER. maybe i gained a pound or something :rolleyes:

anyway, did you guys do the survey on their site? seems like theres even some potential for an online store...question about it in there.

• 10 months later...