films you're looking forward to seeing

1. Superbad

2. Because I love Freaks and Geeks, and I love Arrested Development

Yeh, Arrested Development is one of the funniest series' for a long time (Not so much series 3), mostly because of David Cross.

Lookin forward to the new Tarantino/Rodriguez effort. USA had Grindhouse released ages ago as one film. 4 months later the UK gets Death Proof...and in another 2 months we're gonna get Planet Terror.

We've been ass fucked at some point =/

1.rendition - seems like an intriguing topic in a time when due process and cruel & unusual punishment are more flexible terms. plus the cast is full of talented actors

2. darjeeling limited - wes anderson is usually enough but to open with a short in which natalie portman is partially naked... i think that puts it over the edge.

3. there will be blood - daniel day lewis in a role i can see him flat out nailing

im pumped on there will be blood and im hoping the assassination of jesse james comes through. that wes anderson one sounds good, i heard some cinephiles buzzing about it when i was in the videostore. young people fucking is a canadian film thats about to come out that sounds real good, too.

true dat, darjeeling limited is getting baaaad reviews.

Coincidence that his best films have been co-written by Owen Wilson? I still want to see it, I didn't dig Zissou that much, but I still love Anderson's style...

Here is some great news from Cinematical, I think State of Play is the best miniseries I've ever seen:

If you've been waiting eight years for Edward Norton and Brad Pitt to light up the big screen again, then your wait is officially over. The two were last seen in the highly successful, mind-bending Fight Club back in 1999, and will now be appearing together in State of Play. The film looks to be another heavy hitter as it will be directed by Last King of Scotland's Kevin MacDonald and is based off of the British miniseries bearing the same name. Variety tells us the film has been in the works for quite some time (we first reported on it here, and then here). Universal Pictures received the rights to the Paul Abbott series and Pitt was verbally on board right from the get-go (they feared throughout the script's rewrites he would be wooed by another project, but luckily this didn't happen).

The film is definitely asking Pitt and Norton to bring the serious acting gloves back out in a story that involves political power, murder, love affairs and the compromising of police investigations. Norton will play the politico whose future gains are thwarted by a lover's death and Pitt plays the journalist who becomes too involved with the women in the investigation.

Also want to see Im Not There, cast is ridiculous, David Cross as Ginsberg, are you kidding?

I still want to see "Someone to Eat Cheese With". It's only out in select cities, but i think i can order it on my cable box or something. I need to try that.

3. there will be blood - daniel day lewis in a role i can see him flat out nailing

Look forward to this one too.

Also very much to 3:10 to Yuma, but I can't seem to find anything about a Dutch release, so I'm afraid it might go direct to dvd.

Shit I want to see it in the cinema, don't think I've ever seen a Western in the movie theater before...

been wanting to see "King of Kong" and i finally got to see it tonight.

great documentary, i would give it a 10. never saw a grown man cry over donkey kong game scores, nor expected to see highschool girl drama take place within this male-dominant industry.

• 2 weeks later...

also i saw ACROSS THE UNIVERSE last night. it was a pretty damn good movie. its a musical style movie done with beatles songs. on anothe note the clothing they all wear in that movie is very superfuture styled.

i recommend you all take some acid or smoke some weed before seeing it.