films you're looking forward to seeing

i fucking hate the premise of this film...they're going to use something created by man to reignite the sun? it wasn't all that bad in austin powers when they were going to nuke the earth's core to destroy the world, but that was a fucking comedy...

i get the "willful suspension" bit, but come on...

i fucking hate the premise of this film...

...because movies like Transformers and Die Hard 4 are so much more believable?

total utter trash. save your money and time.
I can't help myself. If it's sci-fi I have to see it. I haven't even seen the trailer (as a rule I don't watch trailers).

no, but they're mindless....and marketed as such. this is marketed as an intelligent thought provoking blah blah blah...they present the premise as a possibilty, based in reality. as opposed to transformers which is about robots from outer space fighting over robo-god.

total utter trash. save your money and time.

I don't know, it could be okay. The premise, is absolutely ridiculous, I agree. However, I think it is too soon to assume the entire film will be them successfully carrying out this mission. There seems to be a theme of crew conflict, etc. that may be the main focal point.

28 Days Later and Trainspotting were fantastic, so I'm willing to give Danny Boyle a shot with this. Somehow I think it will be much darker/sinister and also more believable when you are watching the film. It won't be anything like Armageddon, etc.

I Am Legend

The Darjeeling Limited

I'm pretty much into any flick by Wes Anderson. The guy is a genius.

Ugh. I liked Wes Anderson until he proved that he really can only make one type of film. Some nonsensical story with the same type of acting over and over again. I liked Rushmore and The Life Aquatic but enough is enough. He should at least make one film that shows he has somewhat of an artistic range.

...because movies like Transformers and Die Hard 4 are so much more believable?

I can't help myself. If it's sci-fi I have to see it. I haven't even seen the trailer (as a rule I don't watch trailers).

Transformers was a documentary. The events happened in real time.

It upsets me that this is going to be really bad (99% certain) since the videogames are probably in my top 5 favorite of all time.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/hitman/trailera/

Olyphant is a decent actor but an absolutely terrible choice for this role. What the hell were they thinking? This could actually have been really cool.

I know alot of people who liked this book, so I am interested in seeing this; really crazy true story:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount_vantage/intothewild/medium.html

cloverfield

shh.

oh yes. ive seen the tailer prolly about 6 times now. and youtubed it and saw all these videos these kids are posting up

I know alot of people who liked this book, so I am interested in seeing this; really crazy true story:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount_vantage/intothewild/medium.html

I read the book and it was an entertaining read but the movie looks like it will be too much of a hollywood sob story.

I'm looking forward to see 'Padre Nuestro' and 'Rocket Science'.

i wanna see rescue dawn

yup. {crossposted from herzog thread}

Go see it, I liked it a lot. I think Christian Bale is a good actor and I really like the projects he picks for himself.

I think they will keep showing it after the summer cause a lot of people might miss it now.

Im not sure about my feelings on the Simpson's Movie, on one hand I think its gonna suck but on the other I feel like I owe it to my childhood to finally see something that should have been a movie years ago.

The Bourne Ultimatum

because the first two kicked ass!

The Simpsons

I just have too...even though the last few seasons sucked, it's a must.

The Dark Knight

gotta wait another year :( I'll survive though