films you're looking forward to seeing

Guest jmatsu
It would have been ruined more if you actually went to watch it........hell, watch 'Nancy Drew'. Anything is better than this crap. The only thing that made it even remotely comparable to the first film was the number of mammaries.

You'd think it's a pretty easy formula right? You've already got a cool setting/theme, etc. How you could mess it up is beyond me. But they did it..........oh yes.

was it worse then ocean's 13? man, that film sucked (that one hot scottish bitch was absent and vincent cassel's role was too small).

btw england, did you watch sheitan??

Guest jmatsu
I didn't see Ocean's 13 because the second one was so abysmal.

Never heard of Sheitan. Just looked it up on IMDB.........looks pretty cool. Have you seen it?

highly recommended! cassel was awesome.

just wanted to give some input on the silver surfer....

worth watching for its plan 9 like values. plot? the world is going to end. how can we stop it? seperate the surfer from the board (why, or how we don't really know). reid richard, build us something to save the world. Okay, but i need 3 hours. i built a pulse machine. what does it do? conveniently, exactly what we need it to do. now that i've saved the world, the US government steps in to deliver the surfboard to dr. doom for no reason at all. but this time we can steal the surfboard by brute force alone. fortunately the surfer can get back on his board and fight against galactus (who controls him) and destroys galactus, saving earth forever. why the surfer didn't destroy galactus on day one is a moot argument.

go see this film. it makes less sense than my post.

just wanted to give some input on the silver surfer....

worth watching for its plan 9 like values. plot? the world is going to end. how can we stop it? seperate the surfer from the board (why, or how we don't really know). reid richard, build us something to save the world. Okay, but i need 3 hours. i built a pulse machine. what does it do? conveniently, exactly what we need it to do. now that i've saved the world, the US government steps in to deliver the surfboard to dr. doom for no reason at all. but this time we can steal the surfboard by brute force alone. fortunately the surfer can get back on his board and fight against galactus (who controls him) and destroys galactus, saving earth forever. why the surfer didn't destroy galactus on day one is a moot argument.

go see this film. it makes less sense than my post.

God, that sounds like a terrible plot. Definitely not what I was expecting (I did read the comics). Did Galactus have much screen time at all? Galactus actually died?!

Didn't know they were making a film out of that! Peter Weirs isn't too bad a director, hopefully the studio won't fuck it up.

Peter Weir bailed, so the production is in limbo ...

I want to see Ridley Scott's centenary definitive director's cut of Bladerunner more

than I wanted to see Cindy Crawford naked when I was 13.

Well.

Almost.

I'm looking forward to seeing Delirious ..

"Steve Buscemi, Elvis Costello, Minnie Driver, Michael Pitt and Gina Gershon star in this offbeat dramedy about Les, a hapless paparazzo who befriends a Toby, a homeless teenager looking to break into the business by offering to be his unpaid assistant. When Toby falls in love with reigning pop princess K’harma, Les views it as a chance to snap a shot and make a buck. But Toby is genuinely smitten, and when Les is unable to control his impulses, both men must grapple with the meaning of friendship and the price of betrayal."

And Exiled ..

"Anthony Wong and Francis Ng once again team up with veteran filmmaker Johnnie To (“Infernal Affairs”, “Election”) in “Exiled”, a crime thriller set in Macau, China. The film follows two hitmen from Hong Kong as they are sent to take out an ex-renegade member trying to turn over a new leaf, but when two of their associates are sent to thwart their plan, they must decide whether to follow orders or take a stand for what they believe."

Both open in NYC in mid August. I'll prolly go see Transformers but I have a bad feeling it won't live up to my high expectations.

i didn't want to see transformers until the last preview i saw, in which they confirmed that the transforming noise from the cartoon will be used. if they used some weak ass cool technologically advanced sounding noise it would've been so fucking lame....instead we get the classic "EEE AAWW AWWW" (you know what i'm talking about)

Guest jmatsu
I have 0 desire to see it except for the fucking smoking hot girl playing the lead. Please say there is a fully nude girl on robot sex scene?!?!?!

no there wasn't, but i could probably post some mechanized japrobot sex, if you'd like...

was that gourmet rat chef cartoon that enjoyable?

so i saw transformers...that girl really is the hottest human being on the planet...

the movie was surprisingly not for kids (masturbating jokes, etc), and had some surprisingly funny moments involving racism (black guy's grandmother hates cops, indian tech support guy)...but the Transformers look fucking COOL. Its worth it just to see the designs carried out. everyone was worried they'd look to anime or too techy, and while they're far more japanny and angular, they've definitely kept the overall feel of the original bots (megatron, when first introduced, is clearly megatron...he looks right, as do most)...

cheesy as fuck? yeah, but awesomer as fuck.

now i can't wait to see Ratatouille and Rescue dawn.

so i saw transformers...that girl really is the hottest human being on the planet...

the movie was surprisingly not for kids (masturbating jokes, etc), and had some surprisingly funny moments involving racism (black guy's grandmother hates cops, indian tech support guy)...but the Transformers look fucking COOL. Its worth it just to see the designs carried out. everyone was worried they'd look to anime or too techy, and while they're far more japanny and angular, they've definitely kept the overall feel of the original bots (megatron, when first introduced, is clearly megatron...he looks right, as do most)...

cheesy as fuck? yeah, but awesomer as fuck.

now i can't wait to see Ratatouille and Rescue dawn.

fuckin a. i loved it, it was damn good fun and cheesy enough to just be awesome. best movie ive seen so far in theatres this summer. i ordered the video game and im gonna cop a PS3 from a friend whose going away for a while so i can just tear it up as a transformer. i'm happy the brought back most of the original voice talent, and the story totally works, as opposed to the original story, which just worked cause it was a cartoon. im glad they also cast hot chicks for everything. even some of the extras were hot. and im glad it wasnt a shitty kids movie. people were fucking dieing, when megatron flicks the dude i laughed so hard. honestly im really happy with how it came out, and lebouf proved himself as a pretty good actor.

megan fox:

megan_fox_fhm.jpg

rachel taylor:

eastwood2AP_200x350.jpg

Live Free or Die Hard > Transformers...

Transformers were nice, but a bit too cheesy for my liking—they've used like every cliche available. Plus the lead girl couldn't act to save her life... but I guess it pays to be hot. With that said, still a must see and a great movie.

(Ratatouille was very good... also recommended.)

Transformers was really fun. Not a great movie and cheesy as hell sometimes but it was really fun to watch. Great popcorn flick.

What I'm really interested in now is "Cloverfield" It's that trailer before transformers and looks awesome. No idea what it's about, but I'm seeing it.

And I kinda wanna see I Am Legend, just 'cause I love the book/graphic novel.