Baseball Talk

kiya

well manny getting suspended means better chance for the giants to catch up. theyre not gonna tho, if they play like yesterday..

yeah thats too bad

see if LA can continue to motor along without the threat of him in the lineup

and Johan does what he gets paid to do...shut Rollin's mouth

***here come the Phillies fans :)

My friend, despite early results, the season is still young, there will be plenty of time for the Mets to lose it. After going to Game 5 and watching the Phils win it all, they can lose every game this season and I'll still be happy. Okay maybe not, but the Phils are always slow-starters, but they are in good position this season and over time, the pretenders in the NL East will fade and it'll be a two horse race. We'll see what happens then, but it will be a great summer of baseball

Went to the Phillies game earlier and got to see Jayson Werth steal four bases including home! Along with the Phillies win, and 6 dollar dogs, it was a good night

just got back from the giants vs. nationals game. giants lost, but we heckled elijah dukes so much that he flipped us off twice :D lolz. made fun of him becuz of his off field problems ( see link) .

also ended zimmermans streak!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elijah_Dukes

Going to Jingu stadium in a few hours to see the Swallows in Tokyo, can't wait.

Moving from San Diego will be trouble for him no matter where he goes.

It's not a done deal yet. Peavy's reluctant to move out of the NL. Still, I like how the Sox look with four young pitchers:

Peavy - 28

Buerhle - 29

Danks - 24

Floyd - 26

Sure, the last spot in your rotation is filled by 438 year old Jose Contreras and Bartolo "Where's my Burrito?" Colon. But you still have a hell of a front 4 (three and a half the way Floyd's pitched so far).

Peavy wouldn't have saved the Sox anyway. I'm not mad, either. In addition to sharing a last name with a company that makes really shitty guitar amps, he has a creaky elbow, and he does indeed pitch in a park the size of Yellowstone. If Jon Garland pitched for the Padres his ERA would be around three. Hell, If I pitched for the Padres I could probably be under four. I mean, yeah, it would have been nice, but it wouldn't have saved us.

I'd rather have Roy Halladay, uh, any day, of the week.

At the Giants game yesterday.

3567272471_4fa735ebcc.jpg

Haven't seen that cap before, what are the letters on it? YG?

I'm into obscure baseball caps ... have a few for different NY teams (Cubans, Black Yankees). Would like to get my hands on a Highlanders hat.

TokyoYomiuriGiants2.GIF

Yomiuri Giants, from Tokyo.. got it when i saw them play the Hiroshima Carps in Tokyo.