Baseball Talk

kiya

hanley was my first pick and helped me win my league last year

I have the same pick this year, #5, but i doubt hanley will last that long this year....

what were first 5 picks in your league? was a-rod still top 5?

i'm guessing hanley, reyes and wright went top 5

and korea vs. japan tonight, k-town should be packed.......

Boo

Was hoping for some post game with Ichiro where the usual shitty translator would mangle the translation and shit comes out like:

"Korea played well, but they shouldnt feel bad about losing as they played strong and may never know what winning feels like."

hanley was my first pick and helped me win my league last year

I have the same pick this year, #5, but i doubt hanley will last that long this year....

what were first 5 picks in your league? was a-rod still top 5?

i'm guessing hanley, reyes and wright went top 5

and korea vs. japan tonight, k-town should be packed.......

i think it was hanley, wright, sizemore, pujols, and lincecum or reyes. lol a-rod dropped into the hundreds i believe..

The WBC final was fucking nuts. Nothing like national pride to spur players into amazing plays.

i was there! for all three games in LA.

we were completely outnumbered, but during the final our korean neighbors showed us some respect and started high fiving us in the middle of the game because the game was so good -- both teams played really well.

representin' asia!

Let's get this shit started..

I'm out of town for the first set of A's games, so i sold off my season opener tix but i'm ready for the Red Sox series in two weeks.

i want pics from the new yankee stadium!

I flipped on the game today and thought they were at the old stadium till I saw the frieze! Same place with more expensive seats and a huge hd tv.

damn it no 2 dollar mets tickets this year

We walked around Citi last night and sat in a bunch of different places, all the views were good even way out in left field. I never really had much of a desire to go see games at Shea, but I will definately head up there to see games now, was really impressed. My only gripe is that the hot dogs were awful.

It's definitely a pitchers park, going to be tough to hit the ball out (unless you're Jed Lowrie :D) kind of strange where the field juts out by the Model's sign, I can see why they picked up Sheff (besides to keep him outta philly) Mets are going to need some right handed bats.

They moved the skyline that was on top of the scoreboard at Shea onto the ShakeShack in the outfield pavilion area which was pretty cool.

Here it is:

METSFOOD.1.span.jpg

I'm not a big baseball fan, but I am looking forward to going to at least two, if not more, games this season. My first game is in May, Yanks vs Twins. Not a big Yankee fan, but I'm looking forward to seeing a game in the new stadium. The other one I'm hoping for is a Mets game at Citi. I had a chance to go to a game as Shea last season, but passed on it because there wasn't enough time to call out, because I hate giving such short notice. This year however, I will call out if the offer comes up.

Also I hope to god that the Cubs can break that 101 year losing streak this year. I will be rooting for the underdog this year, mainly because I'm tired of seeing the favorites lose.

Going to the Giants season opener, game starts in 3 hours and it's fucking raining here in SF.

neg repped again.....

mets arent hitting (i know its one game, but i'm including preseason) yet but if the bullpen can help them win close games, they should be in good shape.....

your rite they can hold the 8th and 9th innings but any other team will just score in other innings unless Santana is pitching.