Baseball Talk

kiya

I am having my first fantasy baseball draft today

I picked A rod as my first pick..i am very ashamed

but its an AL-only league and he was still availble at the fifth pick? wtf?? i couldnt pass him up no matter how much i hate him personally.........

i feel like a whore...........

I am having my first fantasy baseball draft today

I picked A rod as my first pick..i am very ashamed

but its an AL-only league and he was still availble at the fifth pick? wtf?? i couldnt pass him up no matter how much i hate him personally.........

i feel like a whore...........

Who were the 4 people that went before him? That's pretty ridiculous.

Who were the 4 people that went before him? That's pretty ridiculous.

1. Cliff Lee???

2. Joe Mauer (this manager was skipped over because he took over the time limit and by the time he came to pick we were on #10 pick)

3. CC

4. Grady

The only one I would have possibly thought about picking over A-rod was grady sizemore

its a weird new site called boxbaseball.com

a relative of mine started it and i'm still unsure how it works exactly, we are more or less guinea pigs for the site

it takes fielding into account as well, maybe thats why??

1. Cliff Lee???

2. Joe Mauer (this manager was skipped over because he took over the time limit and by the time he came to pick we were on #10 pick)

3. CC

4. Grady

The only one I would have possibly thought about picking over A-rod was grady sizemore

its a weird new site called boxbaseball.com

a relative of mine started it and i'm still unsure how it works exactly, we are more or less guinea pigs for the site

it takes fielding into account as well, maybe thats why??

Cliff Lee will not have another season like last year. Strange picks.

ughh johan already injured. i already have zero hopes for the mets in 2009.

for reals... its kinda disheartening and the season hasnt started :(

Orlando Cabrera on the A's

things just got serious....

if Chavez stays healthy, that may be a lineup to watch

Chavez, Cabrera, Giambi, Holliday...

Duchscherer just needs to get healthy and the rest of the staff will have to step it up

i'm pretty excited to watch them this year

along with the Giants who have the dirtiest staff in all of baseball

weird, local teams could/should be good this year

Orlando Cabrera on the A's

things just got serious....

if Chavez stays healthy, that may be a lineup to watch

Chavez, Cabrera, Giambi, Holliday...

Duchscherer just needs to get healthy and the rest of the staff will have to step it up

i'm pretty excited to watch them this year

along with the Giants who have the dirtiest staff in all of baseball

weird, local teams could/should be good this year

yups, things do look interesting around the bay area. Giants need some serious power... anyone think of a good fit???

yups, things do look interesting around the bay area. Giants need some serious power... anyone think of a good fit???

nope they just got to let Pablo Sandaval do his thing. he was great as a power hitter at the end of last season so give him time to develop.

A's are stacking them up.. i'm feeling better about this season than last.

Hopefully my season tix don't go to waste this year.

Manny was going to be a Dodger all along, i just didn't think it'd take this long

ya, why the heck did he keep holding off?? he just took a deal proposed to him earlier ...and were their other serious deals from other teams?? i dont recall... sigh... well its just "manny being manny" ehh??

ya, why the heck did he keep holding off?? he just took a deal proposed to him earlier ...and were their other serious deals from other teams?? i dont recall... sigh... well its just "manny being manny" ehh??

ya i guess so the only other team interested was the SF Giants and they didn't even propose him a deal.

i wonder if the giants can be playoff contenders this year. young legs, young team..great rotation.... fantasy time soon... GO GIANTS!!

Manny wanted like 4-5 years, $100Mill, but the dodgers weren't going to go anymore than 2 years. So Manny and Boras waited for more offers or for LA to get desperate and outbid themselves, but in the end, the Dodgers were smart enough to hold firm, with what was the best offer by far

Manny wanted like 4-5 years, $100Mill, but the dodgers weren't going to go anymore than 2 years. So Manny and Boras waited for more offers or for LA to get desperate and outbid themselves, but in the end, the Dodgers were smart enough to hold firm, with what was the best offer by far

thats just being stupid and he should have just accepted the 2 year 45 mil the first time instead of waiting.

• 2 weeks later...