Baseball Talk

kiya

Jays brought him back as a hitting coach for a little bit in the late 90s. Other than that, probably living the good life in Florida. Besides, the Jays are a disaster and Ricchardi is on his way out. Maybe we'll bring back Pat Gillick and sign Rickey Henderson.....
they should bring Joe Carter back to DH

wheres paul molitor?

Mike Timlin....STILL on the Red Sox. :confused:

mets are crushing the yankees in the bottom of the 6th. i've learned not to let my hopes up in situations like these.

not with billy wags in the bull pen.......

i'm going to the game tomorrow...hopefully santana is good and not liek he was against the M's and King Felix (was at that game too)

King Felix smacked Santana but Beltran took care of him later in the game :D

not with billy wags in the bull pen.......

i'm going to the game tomorrow...hopefully santana is good and not liek he was against the M's and King Felix (was at that game too)

King Felix smacked Santana but Beltran took care of him later in the game :D

has two weeks ago completely slipped your mind?

Lets go Wake! No one likes a dome more than he.

So, I was thinking about this yesterday, the last series of the reg. season between the Yanks and Sox is at Fenway and if the Rays are in 1st and the yanks do what they've done before and have a post allstar break surge, we could be in for a very interesting wildcard series... Also it would be something if the Yankees missed the playoffs and their last game of this year is played in Boston and not at the old stadium.

Anyone see Moss' fly that hit the roof of the dome? I didn't think we could loose after that, but the bottom of the lineup proved me wrong again.

a's trade harden

stupid stupid stupid

I feel the same way.. but at the same time, i'm starting to think that it's best to look forward to next year with the A's.

At least we're not playing too poorly this year, we ARE in 2nd place and not even half the season has passed...

I'm hoping for a good series this weekend against the Angels.. i'm going to all three games to bring them the good luck of my drunken ass.

Cubs acquire Harden

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant

The NL Central is going to be a massacre by the end of the year

If Harden stays healthy this will be a HUGE pickup for the Cubs.

If the Red Sox don't win the WS this year (and unless Papi returns to his normal form and they fix their bullpen issues, they won't) I'd like to see the Cubs win. A lot of suffering for the North Siders.

more like the best first post ever. im gonna be right, youll see. the red sox are the best team in baseball. im not just saying this because im from boston, but still, the sox are superior to any team.

red-sox-fan.jpg

I'm starting to wonder if the Sox will exercise their option on Manny.

I having a feeling they won't

He needs to show that he can still hit a fastball. I think they will pick it up regardless, and possibly use him as a barganing chip (him and a prospect or two to Mets for Reyes?!?!?!??) next year.

I'll miss him, but it looks like hes in the dee-cline (hopefully just a slump)

they will definately pick up manny again. whether he does the option or gets a new contract, he will always be a red sox.

The Red Sox have options on Manny's contract for 2009 and 2010 at $20 million per year.

I am 99.99% sure Manny will never sign another contract with the Red Sox again. It's questionable whether they'll pick up the two options. In today's market, $20 mil is a relative bargain for what you're getting production-wise. I'm just not sure if the Red Sox want to deal with the baggage that comes along with Manny.

He needs to show that he can still hit a fastball. I think they will pick it up regardless, and possibly use him as a barganing chip (him and a prospect or two to Mets for Reyes?!?!?!??) next year.

Hmmm... I never thought about them picking up the option(s) and then trading him. But I'm not so sure the Red Sox would want Reyes since they have a bonafide prospect in Jed Lowrie. Reyes is an amazing talent, but Lowrie's good and a lot cheaper.

Hmmm... I never thought about them picking up the option(s) and then trading him. But I'm not so sure the Red Sox would want Reyes since they have a bonafide prospect in Jed Lowrie. Reyes is an amazing talent, but Lowrie's good and a lot cheaper.

I like Lowrie a lot and really think that the guy deserves a shot soon, Ive heard that he is a much better fielding 2B, so I wonder how much thought they've given to putting Pedroia at SS, I believe he came up there anyway.

Another future trade theory I have is that there is a big battle brewing for Hanley Ramirez and a lot of teams know it. He wanted a no trade clause in his new contract and the Marlins wouldnt do it, so at some point they will be dangling him for Sox/Yankees prospects (jeter to 1B) Come home Hanley!!!

Guest No Handclaps Please

he needs to show that he can still hit a fastball? hopefully this is just a joke, hitting has never been a problem for him- it's always been his defense. He's not on the decline, his numbers this year are pretty comparable to what he's been doing his whole career.

i do think reyes could use a change of scenery though.