Baseball Talk

kiya

i think every met fan knows down deep who we need. bobby v.

fire, check.

media savvy, check.

x's and o's, check.

I agree with Bobby V., though I did read something somewhere I think that his wife lives in Seattle so he was possibly holding out for a Westcoast gig. He would put a spark under those guys though.

That Colon at bat was hilarious. I thought he was going to pull a muscle. Hamels must have thought that was the easiet strikeout of his life.

He did.

"Bartolo Colon left Monday night's game with back stiffness.

Colon allowed four runs and six hits in four innings before leaving. It's unclear when exactly he hurt his back, but it may have been when he was batting. He swung wildly and fiercely at a number of balls, once having his helmet come off in the process. We'll update as we know more."

"Bartolo Colon thinks he'll make his next start after leaving Monday's game with back stiffness. "I think I did it on a swing," Colon said through a translator. "We’ll find out more tomorrow, but I think I’ll make my next start.""

Timlin needs to be put out to pasture, that was awful last night.

Timlin was done last year. He's been running on fumes for a while. Not sure why Theo decided to bring him back. He pushed his luck for too long. I wonder if they should send Wake out to the pen and let the young guys fill out the rotation. The Sox have a lot of depth at starting pitching, but their 'pen, which was their strongest asset last year, is terrible.

i think every met fan knows down deep who we need. bobby v.

fire, check.

media savvy, check.

x's and o's, check.

Disguising yourself after an ejection: check.

He did.

Colon allowed four runs and six hits in four innings before leaving. It's unclear when exactly he hurt his back, but it may have been when he was batting. He swung wildly and fiercely at a number of balls, once having his helmet come off in the process. We'll update as we know more."

"Bartolo Colon thinks he'll make his next start after leaving Monday's game with back stiffness. "I think I did it on a swing," Colon said through a translator. "We’ll find out more tomorrow, but I think I’ll make my next start.""

YIKES, here I am agreeing with Hank:

“My only message is simple,†Steinbrenner said in Tampa, Fla. “The National League needs to join the 21st century. They need to grow up and join the 21st century.â€

Steinbrenner said he was angry and added: “I’ve got my pitchers running the bases, and one of them gets hurt. He’s going to be out. I don’t like that, and it’s about time they address it. That was a rule from the 1800s.â€

“This is always a concern of American League teams when their pitchers have to run the bases and they’re not used to doing it,†Steinbrenner said. “It’s not just us. It’s everybody. It probably should be a concern for National League owners, general managers and managers when their pitchers run the bases. Pitchers have enough to do without having to do that.â€

i'm not. this is why the nl really showcases strategy and the al drags out a bunch of lugs who bat .260/17/60/.325 as DHs. i think it kills the thinking-man's component of baseball.

agreed

i seriously think i could manage an AL

NL rules force you to use your bench, bullpen....double switches...

pitchers should be athletes as well....if you cant run the bases or swing a bat without getting hurt, why are you getting paid to be a professional athlete??

Gah, Colon actually lost weight this spring... maybe he's been going out to some victory dinners lately. Timlin needs to be put out to pasture, that was awful last night.

Colon(and a bunch of other guys) are fiends for this unbelievably small Dominican place on Columbia rd. in Dorchester. I still have trouble believing that Bartolo could fit through the door.

He did.

Colon to the DL...shit! Oh wait, 9 game winner Daisuke Matsuzaka slides right in there with his 2.53 ERA, I love these little vacations that they are giving the staff.

i'm not. this is why the nl really showcases strategy and the al drags out a bunch of lugs who bat .260/17/60/.325 as DHs. i think it kills the thinking-man's component of baseball.
agreed

i seriously think i could manage an AL

NL rules force you to use your bench, bullpen....double switches...

pitchers should be athletes as well....if you cant run the bases or swing a bat without getting hurt, why are you getting paid to be a professional athlete??

I guess it's just the interleague that I don't like, Wang and Colon's injuries are pointless and in one case could severely alter the outcome of a team's season, seems a bit dangerous to me, especially with the amount of time and money invested in pitchers. Mussina bitches about everything, but he has a point: "AL pitchers are at the most risk, because we don’t hit, we don’t run the bases. You get four or five at-bats a year at most, and if you happen to get on base once or twice, you never know. We run in straight lines most of the time. Turning corners, you just don’t do that."

an open letter to willie randolph-

You're a fucking bitch. stop crying. you're collecting a check so shut up. you sucked at managing and exerted no control over the team. stop writing 2 page musings in the daily news about life not being fair and peppering it with your love of the negro leagues.

sincerely,

fuck you

colon didnt have to swing that hard....

Hard to stop once you've got all that momentum going...

an open letter to willie randolph-

You're a fucking bitch. stop crying. you're collecting a check so shut up. you sucked at managing and exerted no control over the team. stop writing 2 page musings in the daily news about life not being fair and peppering it with your love of the negro leagues.

sincerely,

fuck you

Seriously, didn't that happen last week already? Now hes sayin that Manuel stabbed him in the back? Shit, I'd be makin nice with management if I was Manuel too, make sure I have a job after the smoke clears...

In other news, Schilling is done (for the season at least and probably his career), will have surgery Monday, too bad, but not really surprising. I feel like this is not the last we have heard from him though.

And Jeter is the most overrated player in baseball.

you read firejoemorgan.com? the jeter bashing is hysterical.

Hard to stop once you've got all that momentum going...

Seriously, didn't that happen last week already? Now hes sayin that Manuel stabbed him in the back? Shit, I'd be makin nice with management if I was Manuel too, make sure I have a job after the smoke clears...

In other news, Schilling is done (for the season at least and probably his career), will have surgery Monday, too bad, but not really surprising. I feel like this is not the last we have heard from him though.

And Jeter is the most overrated player in baseball.

1. joe morgan is a moron!!!!

2. derek jeter would have been a great shortstop 20 yrs ago along with ozzie and robin yount...

3. he is now a slightly above average hitter and average fielder/ arm even with his pirouette throws

4. he is in NYC...everything here is overrated...

5. he does have 4 world series rings....last one 8 years ago

6. he was a clutch player

7. he is old.....

8. i hate him but respect him for the way he carries himself and plays.....i hated Jordan as well....but he is more of a douche bag than Jeter....