Baseball Talk

kiya

you can always mute the tv and turn on the radio. i've heard of people doing that...

Miz, I used to do that and it was great, but that is all before Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake blew up my spot... now if you do this you get to hear what happens before you see it by about 2 seconds or so, not fun in baseball. Hearing "he swings and misses" while watching a player standing at the plate waiting for the pitch SUCKS! Oh well, what are you going to do...

Wow, I'm glad that Beckett had a great game cause the bats really didn't have much going, good to see Youk back in action.

9 hits against Lackey and Santana is pretty good.

I dont like the TBS coverage, for some reason they dont mic the game, and you couldnt hear the fans at all, it also seems like they didn't post any stats and when they did they werent relevant. As always I find the post season announcers very annoying, I guess they have to dumb it down a bit for people not familiar with Sox/Angels, I just wish they would put one local announcer in each home game to get someone who is actually knowledgeable about the teams. I want Don and Jerry damnit!

As much as I'd love to hear Orsillo call the game, having 1 local announcer wouldn't really work, because you'd have to have 1 announcer from each team and that would be an awkward combo.

Regardless, they could have done better.

Did you hear them say, "One of the more underrated aspects of Manny Ramirez' game is his baserunning skills."

That's probably the most absurd thing I've heard in a while. Manny is one of the worst baserunners in the game. Not because of his lack of speed, but because of his lack of awareness.

And Jose Mota was terrible. It sounded like he had just learned how to speak English.

Their was a lot of outcry to the TBS coverage on talk radio today.

the yankees/tribe game was fuckin excellent, pettitte did a good job, mariano did a good job, joba gave up one earned run, i wouldnt call it a blown save or nothing considering fuckin A-Rod went 0 for 4 and so did Jeter - The Tribe is the 2006 Detroit Tigers big bats and lights out pitching..

the yankees/tribe game was fuckin excellent, pettitte did a good job, mariano did a good job, joba gave up one earned run, i wouldnt call it a blown save or nothing considering fuckin A-Rod went 0 for 4 and so did Jeter - The Tribe is the 2006 Detroit Tigers big bats and lights out pitching..