kiya

Baseball Talk

going to the dodgers game tommorow

what the fuck is up with the NL West, diamondbacks? padres?

I'll never root for the fucking Angels, errr... I mean the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim...?

I really like Vlad tho, he can come play in blue

definitely, if its not the top design, its one of the top designs. other classics in my opinion include the red sox hat, athletics hat and *shutter* the yankees fitted... ughh i hate evryone who wears it tho

^^ i keep saying this... cali has THE best mlb fitteds...

Dodgers, A's, and Giants are all top notch...

doesn't one of the NL team make it to the world series regardless?

they = mets, not a "a nat'l league team". sorry for the confusion.

I love the mets (says a tigers fan) i really hope all goes well for them and they win their division

(asks a yankee fan)

+ Rep when I can.

I'm going to the game on Thursday against Boston.

going to the dodgers game tommorow

what the fuck is up with the NL West, diamondbacks? padres?

I'll never root for the fucking Angels, errr... I mean the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim...?

I really like Vlad tho, he can come play in blue

Yup, same here.

Vlad was going to be a Dodger too. While on his way to Los Angeles, the Dodgers ownership changed hands, and at the last minute the Dodgers couldn't give him the contract they verbally agreed to. Angel's owner, Arte Moreno, quickly swooped in and took Vlad to Angels stadium and got the deal done in one day. Smart move on the Angels part, but I've hated them ever since.

^^ i keep saying this... cali has THE best mlb fitteds...

Dodgers, A's, and Giants are all top notch...

Yeah, even the Angels hat is nice. And San Diego's isn't too shabby either.

i'm not going to say anything because i know there are two games left in this series.

hopefully my dodgers can come back and snatch the nl west

but its not looking too good

i don't even know if they can win the wild card

but in other news....

damn look at those baltimore orioles... how many runs have they gave in up the past 2 weeks?

^ Don't think so for both the division and wild card. Not the way the Pads have been playing as of late.

Phillies game tonite was unbelievable. Ryan Howard walk-off HR in the 10th. I really love this team (even though i don't think they'll make the playoffs).

dude, i think they are cursed like the cubs...every year they almost get the wild card and blow it....im rooting for them.

Just got back from Chicago yesterday, went to the game on Sunday and got to see the (Red) Sox get the sweep! After seeing Drew get an HR (finnaly) I was expecting that he might possibly do something against the Yankees, but the guy is like the least clutch guy on the team, I can't believe with two on and two out the guy is just looking at pitches.

Mussina demoted to bullpen last night after the game...

Mussina demoted to bullpen last night after the game...

thats crazy. I know that he's been sucky sucky this year, but the Yankees don't have anyone else to pitch every 5th day, not to mention his 11 mill sal.

hopefully ian kennedy can make it through 6 innnings....:(

angels with that comeback win yesterday...

i guess devils rays had a comeback win yesterday too...

and it happens to be the orioles....:rolleyes:

kennedy's supposed to be a good control pitcher. very interesting.

hope, is a good thing.

i feel bad for mussina...i think he'll rebound.

probably no houston astros fans here, but phil garner (coach) and tim patura ( gm) both got the boot monday.

they be fucking up shit...i used to go to a game once or twice a week, but i havent been to a single one in about 2 or 3 weeks...probably go thursday though.

It must be nice to live in a city where you can just decide at the spur of the moment to see a game and pay a reasonable for tickets.

In Boston, games are always sold out months in advance, and even if you can get tickets, they're like $40 for decent seats.

^ So true. Any game in Boston no matter if the other team blows, guaranteed it'll be sold out. Hell, you'll be lucky enough to get tickets from scalpers.

I should've asked this earlier but can any NYC folks recommend a good sports bar? I'm going to be in town until the 4th, and I wanted to catch a Yankees or Mets game. My friends aren't big baseball fans and they don't want to spend half a day at a ballpark, so I figure that going to a sports bar would be a good compromise. Would really appreciate the input, thanks.