Baseball Talk

kiya

I think Igawa will come around, maybe another year in the minors, maybe a trade... I read some comments by a guy in Japan who used to watch him play a lot and said he was a very reserved "small town" kind of person, this guy said he wished a small market team picked him up and was upset for Igawa when the Yanks got him cause he knew it would not be the best environment. (some people just cant play in Boston or NY)

Hindsight: so glad the Sox didnt pay for Clemens!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0709/best.dressed.mlb/content.1.html?bcnn=yes

Sports Illustrated photo-article on the best dressed baseball players in MLB. Obviously they suck by SuFu standards.

ichiro is definitely the best dressed player in the MLB, HANDS DOWN.

he wears super-exclusive japanese streetwear.

he would kill in the WAYWT thread.

those idiots at sports illustrated don't know what's going on.

and yeah, crazy year in baseball. anyone can take it this year.

I think Igawa will come around, maybe another year in the minors, maybe a trade... I read some comments by a guy in Japan who used to watch him play a lot and said he was a very reserved "small town" kind of person, this guy said he wished a small market team picked him up and was upset for Igawa when the Yanks got him cause he knew it would not be the best environment. (some people just cant play in Boston or NY)

hmm, like contreras or weaver? interesting.

ichiro is definitely the best dressed player in the MLB, HANDS DOWN.

he wears super-exclusive japanese streetwear.

he would kill in the WAYWT thread.

gambare ichiro!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0709/best.dressed.mlb/content.1.html?bcnn=yes

Sports Illustrated photo-article on the best dressed baseball players in MLB. Obviously they suck by SuFu standards.

I remember thinking he looked very SuFu-esque when he was being interviewed after he won the All-Star game MVP.

look on youtube. when he's on japanese tv, he looks like a fuckin sufu pimp.

Wow, I was watching both games last night at the bar, I figure the Mets are done, 10-3 in the 9th, so I go back to watching the Yankees-drays, commercial break I go back to the Mets and its 10-9! Crazy!

Igawa didn't pitch bad, must be a lot esier when no one is in the stands to yell at you.

Navarro's walk off was cool considering he cost them the lead cause he couldnt hold on to the ball.

The votes are in, and Marc Ecko is putting an asterik on the Bonds 756 ball before he sends it to the Hall of Fame...

I don't see why this ball is such a big deal, I mean I know why, but is Aaron's 715 ball more important than his 756 ball? and what about all of those balls he hit in between? I mean every single one of those held the HR record for some length of time, shouldn't those be important too? Is Bonds 756 ball more important than the last HR ball he hits, which will hold the record until ARod or whoever else surpasses that?

Anyway, guess who's back?

949dd6cc-2da6-40c5-8571-28925cce687.jpg

that was a horrible game for me to watch last night. igawa did alright, but he still wasn't throwing strikes. it's a miracle he got away without a run.

but bruney really blue it. and edwar is such a strange pitcher to me. he's either on or off.

guess boston's getting everyone back and healthy in time.

bleh.

Umpire in Bradley blow-up suspended for season

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Umpire Mike Winters, who was involved in a dispute with San Diego Padres outfielder Milton Bradley in which Bradley injured his knee, has been suspended by Major League Baseball for the remainder of the regular season.

Bradley will miss the rest of the year with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. He was injured when his own manager spun him to the ground while trying to keep him from going after umpire Mike Winters during an eighth-inning confrontation in Sunday's 7-3 loss to Colorado at Petco Park.

The commissioner's office said Monday it was investigating whether Bradley was baited by Winters. The Padres said Winters directed profanities at Bradley right before the blowup.

Bradley, whose volatile temper has overshadowed his talent during his career, called Winters' action "the most unprofessional and most ridiculous thing I've ever seen."

The confrontation began after plate umpire Brian Runge asked Bradley if he had flipped his bat in the ump's direction after taking a called third strike to end the fifth. Runge indicated that Winters told him that Bradley had.

The dispute escalated after Bradley singled, then asked Winters if he told Runge he threw his bat.

First base coach Bobby Meacham and Black said Winters used profanity.

"You guys couldn't print it," Black told reporters in San Francisco. "In this situation, it escalated to a point where some things shouldn't have been said. I didn't hear what Mike said. My understanding is ... they were profane."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3037237

a-rods grand slam was the biggest thing ever

i actually liked tampa-bay's grandslam just a touch more ;) ;)

i was watching both the sox/oakland & yanks/tb side-by-side. it was a joyous occasion to see tb take the lead as the sox were ahead 7-1 (i think). :D