Baseball Talk

kiya

how funny is ozzie guillin, this guy just gets on the record and says whatevers on his mind

'I need good players' -- and no one said shit'' Guillen said. ''I say we need to play better, and all of a sudden they say, 'Ozzie is a piece a shit. ' Lou said, 'I need fuckin players, I bring in this guy, no one does the job,' and [the reaction is], 'Oh, Lou is tough, Lou is great.' I say anything close to what he says, and I'm the bad guy, I'm the ass...

It gets to the point where, wow, it's embarrassing to the owner. It's embarrassing to [general manager Ken Williams]. It's embarrassing to me, my coaching staff. If [the players] aren't embarrassed then they should get the fuck out.''

that would have been sweet to have ozzie as a skip when i was younger

Howard is only 26 years old, and he hits home runs at a more frequent pace than A-Rod or Bonds. It would take a long career and consistent power numbers, but he certainly has a shot at the record.

- Howard 1 HR every 11.49 AB

- Bonds 1 HR every 12.9 AB

- A-Rod 1 HR every 14.27 AB

yeah i was thinking about the statement i made.. then i realized ryan howard probably broke into the majors too late... also he probably has only a good 7-10 years left..

Holy Crap! Clay Buchholz with a no-hitter in just his second MLB start!

This game was absolutely amazing. The kid has amazing stuff. Not overpowering, I mean his fastball is still like 92-94, but his control is incredible. He's got a live fastball, great curve, and a devastating change.

Varitek called a great game. Gotta tip your hat to him.

This is definitely one of the best games I've ever seen.

not to rain on your parade, but it was against the O's... but impressive nonetheless. Congrats.

Haha. I must sound like a total fanboy.

I know it was against the O's, but his stuff was really great tonight. I'm not saying he would have pitched a no-no against a better team, but he would have pitched a good game regardless.

His accuracy and pitch selection was money.

whats up with this kid? they just recently called him up from the minors? never even heard of him being a prospect or anything.

he's gotta wicked curve ball thats for sure.

Not sure when the Sox drafted him, but he was a highly touted prospect this season. At least the first time I heard about him was this year when people were singing his praises in the minors.

He started the year in AA, moved up to AAA midseason, made a spot start for the Sox a couple weeks ago against Anaheim, and was called up today when the Roster was expanded to 40 players.

His curve is good, but what impressed me more was his change-up. His ability to change speeds effectively is impressive. Also, he was able to throw any of his pitches at any count, which kept the Orioles guessing all night.

I'm guessing he'll be the fifth starter next season to replace Schilling. Unless the Sox decide to hold him back for a season to further develop him.

i remember when yankees and red sox paid big money for talent (they still do)

see: Carl Pavano, Jared Wright, Matt Clement, J.D Drew,.. etc...

but now with joba, kennedy, buchholz, pedoria, and others....

these next couple years can get interesting...

good game tonight. from both pitchers buchholz and kennedy

but now with joba, kennedy, buchholz, pedoria, and others....

these next couple years can get interesting...

The Red Sox scout and draft very well. They have drafted and developed a lot of players over the past 5 years that are performing very well. Often times though, the prospects will get traded before they ever see time in a Red Sox uni.

Buchholz was drafted by the Sox in '05 as a suppliment for loosing Pedro. One of the coolest things I've seen watching baseball, I hadn't even really noticed, my father brought it up in the 5th. It looked like it was all over until Pedroia grabbed that ball, jumped off the ground and whipped it to 1st to get Miggy out, play of the game IMO.

Friday nights game was really good too, they shoulda kept Delcarmen in longer I think though. Timlin's 1000th appearence and he gives up 4 earned runs, then the Sox rallied to within 1. Fuck.

Oh, Pedro's back on Monday!

i just got back from boston yesterday. bought tickets for friday's game in advance which was cool. seeing the sox lose for my first time in fenway is so cliche lol... BUT, pretty much accidently landed myself about 20 spots back in line for saturday's game re-release tickets. managed to get two great seats 4 rows back in the grandstand and witnessed the no-hitter. i'm still kind of giddy about it. once my girlfriend uploads the pictures then i'll post them here. GO SOX!

i just got back from boston yesterday. bought tickets for friday's game in advance which was cool. seeing the sox lose for my first time in fenway is so cliche lol... BUT, pretty much accidently landed myself about 20 spots back in line for saturday's game re-release tickets. managed to get two great seats 4 rows back in the grandstand and witnessed the no-hitter. i'm still kind of giddy about it. once my girlfriend uploads the pictures then i'll post them here. GO SOX!

That's rad! Wish I could have been there. That must have been an amazing game.

What's up with Daisuke? It's so odd how he'll be rolling along, and then in one inning he'll just implode. I really hope he's not fatigued.

A squirrel climbed the screen attached to the right-field foul pole for the second straight Tuesday night, prompting cheers of "Let's Go Squirrel!" in the bottom of the sixth before A-Rod homered.

IMG_1970a.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

we were right by the foul pole and saw the squirrel squirt his pee all over the place at one point.